Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this food the best fit for a doberman puppy? I did some research ober the internet, so this brand show really good rating. I was choosing food for a long time, but still doubting on what is the best food out there for my dobe's. What do you thing is the best food for this breed? Do you like Innova puppy food? Thank you

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
It is a good food. There are better kibbles but they generally cost more. I almost fed it to my dog and would consider it if I had to switch foods.

As for the best for your dog - that really depends on how your dogs do on it.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Many people will have different opinions on this, and it's because there is no "best food" that works for all dogs. Many puppies find it too rich, and it's a four-star rated food. I fed it to Murphy and he did great on it - firm stools and shiny coat. Now we feed Orijen Large Breed Puppy, which he's beginning to get used to.

There's a food comparison website out there that someone will probably chime in with, I can't find it on my phone.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THank you! What is 5 star food then? What of 5 star you like the most? I do no care about the price, just want to provide best care for all my dogs.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
THank you! What is 5 star food then? What of 5 star you like the most? I do no care about the price, just want to provide best care for all my dogs.
If price were no option I'd be feeding raw (cheaper if you live in a more populated area but not cheap for me) or Ziwi Peak if I didn't want to feed raw.

I feed Nature's Variety Instinct - a very high quality kibble that my dogs do absolutely wonderful on. They have good stools, gorgeous coats, they're active and they keep on weight well. I would recommend this food highly. Other great quality foods are Orijen, EVO, Blue Wilderness, and CORE (there's others but those are the only ones that I can think of right now).

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Well the first things to look for is that there is no Corn, Corn Gluten, Wheat or Soy in it. A lot of people feed is grain free food. You can feed one that is a Large Breed Puppy food or an All Life Stages one.
Raw is the best way to go. Like Natures Variety, Brovo. There are others.
Then there are Dehydrated raws like Honest Kitchen.
Also you want to feed good treats with no Corn, Corn Gluten, Wheat or Soy in them. Nothing from China.
You can check out The Natural Pet. Its on 8715 Ridge Rd. at Bunker Rd. in North Royalton 440-237-7161
They will teach you all about good foods & supplements
Tell them Stryker & Yago sent you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts