Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Sashagirl
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I hope I am not asking a question that has already been answered on this forum, but my searches have either came up empty handed or the links that I did find did not work. First and foremost I am asking the following questions because I have a beautiful dobe named Sasha who is not only my everything, but is the most loved thing in my life! Sasha recently turned four this year and like most members on this site I am very worried about her health! Does anyone know of a Cardiologist that they trust and would be willing to recommend in Washington? Anywhere from olympia to Seattle area would be great, I would really like to put my mind at ease with an echo and holter test.
My second question pertains to a longevity list of Dobermans that I saw about 6 months ago. I have not been able to locate this list anymore, does anyone have a link to it? I have not been able to get a hold of the breeder I purshased her from and I would love to take a look at the longevity of her bloodlines. My Third and final question pertains to the names on her Pedigree, I hope I dont ruffle anyones feathers with this! The reason I wanted the list of longevity is beacuse one of the Dobies on her parents Pedigree had the name Kimbertal. I am no where near a subject matter expert when it comes to breeders or this breed, I am just a huge fan and crazy in love with Dobermans . When I try to search for answers on my own I have came across a lot of negativity with this name. All the other names on the Pedigree come from Harvard's and Foxfires from the Dam side and the Sire side has a mix bag of names Ehlhaus midnight cowboy, Drachens shingu Alta Acres, CH Cambria's Cactus Cash, Dragonskeep Lord Lexington, Everdobes Kentucky Charisma, and Darmaels kimbertal Honey. Like I mentioned I am not a subject matter expert, just a concerned parent and someone who loves the breed! I appreciate any help to find a trusted Cardiologist or any information you may have on Sasha's Pedigree. Thank you!

·
Got mutt?
13,836 Posts
If she is AKC registered, you can get a certified copy of her pedigree from the AKC. That way, you can look up her ancestors on Dobequest, the Longevity List, OFA, etc., to get an idea about their health.

·
Sashagirl
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If she is AKC registered, you can get a certified copy of her pedigree from the AKC. That way, you can look up her ancestors on Dobequest, the Longevity List, OFA, etc., to get an idea about their health.
I do have her certified copy through AKC, but when I looked up all of the Pedigree only Cactus Cash and Kreislers Schon Rosmara had age of death or any medical info. I guess I am just hoping on stumbling onto someone with a similar situation or have already gone down this road.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Your pedigree is a real mishmash of some well known and good quality dogs bred and/or owned by reputable people, and byb stuff produced by people who also breed albinos.

Dragonskeep Lord Lexington lived to be in his teens, although I don't remember for sure his exact age at time of death-I'm thinking he was 11 or 12, but don't hold me to that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts