Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dilution" Loci

Locus Symbol Gene Action Proven in Species Dog Chromosome
D for dilute (Little) MLPH eumelanin diluted to grey or blue & phaeomelanin paled mouse, dog 25
C for color (Little) ? albinism, dilutes phaeomelanin & eumelanin dog -
C for color (Little) tyrosinase (TYR) albinism, dilutes phaeomelanin & eumelanin mouse, cattle, human (not dog) 21
P for pink-eyed (Little) P gene pink eyes & "white" coat mouse 5
G for greying (Little) ??? progressive greying poodles and horse ?
I for Intense (Sponenberg) ??? only phaeomelanin diluted ? -
? MATP phaeomelanin diluted as co-dominant, eumelanin as recessive horse (palamino & buckskin) ?
Slaty TYRP2 eumelanin co-dominant dilution

White Coat Color in Dogs

Albinism
White Coat with Pigmented Eyelids
"White" Wolf
This webpage is part of a series on Dog Coat Color Genetics and was last updated on March 29, 2005 by Sheila Schmutz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

White is the absence of pigment. Comb out a few hairs from your dog and lay them on a white sheet of paper and try to decide if you see any hint of pigment in the hairs. If you see pigment, then the dog is not white which is the absence of pigment. If you see a hint of red pigment, then your dog is probably better described as cream. Cream is discussed on a separate page in this series.

http://skyway.usask.ca/~schmutz/dogcolors.html

opening page of info...

hmm here is some info... i have lots more...

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
um, isnt that the link elle posted?

and you told me 2-3 days ago you were sending me the information you had on your computer - what happened to all the faxes?

·
Registered
232 Posts
u have white and blue, now u need a red Dobe

RED WHITE AND BLUE!

Kim why do u have to be a smart azz with everyone?

·
Registered
421 Posts
because all the white stuff is bs and maybe she actually knows something about it. Its hard to hear this stuff over and over again when you love adn care for the breed and see the sick white ones. Someones said yesterday it was like the mexican family that bred hairy kids for the circus. They know its wrong but it gives them attention adn they are "neat".

·
Registered
742 Posts
First off, the statement about the Hairy children being "wrong" is the most ignorant statement ever. I pitty people who are too closed minded to see that not everyone has to fit to their mold. You dont "Breed hairy kids", its a disorder not unlike dwarfism, albinism ect. Just because they arent "normal" like you, that doesnt mean they cant have the pleasure of having children, falling in love, having a family. Its people who spew this garbage that make them have to join the circus because that is the only place they are accepted.
Second, I came here to talk about my dobe, meet others and their dobe's, but i am really reconsidering my stay here. All that goes on here is bickering which leads to personal attacks. I had no idea that a group of adults could be so childish.
We are all here for the same reason, for the love of our dogs. If you dont like what you are reading(ie. white dobermans are nice dogs, beliefs on diets, beliefs on cropping/docking) DO NOT REPLY. It doesn NOTHING to help this board, infact, it is hurting the board. I hope all the bickering stops because if not, im not going to bother coming here, and im sure a few other will get tired of the BS and leave as well.

TomAndKing

·
Registered
421 Posts
ummm. i know its a disorder. there was a family popping out kids and selling them to the circus and discarding the non affected children. Do you think I'm cracking on someone with a genetic disorder?! Ok! You definately need to relax a little. If you feel everyone is attacking you or saying soemthing bad then maybe you should take a break.

Personally I'd feel much better without all the white breeding supporters. I am constantly feeling the need to rehash things that have been said. I relaly liked it here till a couple days ago.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Sorry, i must have misread that wrong. My bad. I personally havent been attacked, but there have been quite a few attacks towards others. its just gets really tedious reading all the bickering.

I can see how the purists can be a little upset about the supposrt for breeding white dobes, but supporters for white dobe's will always be around whether you like it or not. cant we all just get along and agree to disagree? :3dbiggrin

·
Registered
421 Posts
I don't even have aproblem with people liking them. Its just that i am not goin to keep quiet when someone say they are going to breed them. It is a disservice to the breed.I also don't lik ethese"studies" that keep getting posted. From what I have read that fact that its a true albino or not doesn't even matter but the fact that it is a white dog.End of story. It is not thee same as the others. I don't get what is so hard to understand but then people start making up things about tests and there are always gullable people who will beleivie them and in the end it is the breed that suffers.So any chance i get I will pop in and call whoever on there story. Otherwise I am fine with it.

·
Pack Leader
1,551 Posts
Did we really need another new thread on White Dobermans? I think everything that can be said has been said in the other thread. And yes Elle has already posted this exact link in the other thread.

If you wanted to just post the link for others to see than fine but I personally think you were trying to stir the pot to get a reaction.

DA

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.