Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a dog bed that my boy won't destroy within a matter of days? He doesn't chew anything else in the house besides his bed and his toys-I guess I could have bigger problems LOL.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
My 8 week old dober puppy, used her $150 LL.Bean bed for 4 weeks only...than it was history, with resting on the leather couches (during the day).
- dog bed now in the back, of my Jeep cargo area...lol

Late night destruction doesn't occur (ever in my home), if the pup sleeps in the human bed...at night...fully supervised.
- sure helps, in potty training to
I take the spoiled approach, in rearing & mentoring a dobe pup...worked-4-me...got the girl, I wanted !!

·
Registered
749 Posts
I have found primo (or is it prima) pads which will line the crate to be very good. I have a boy who will destroy just about anything in his reach. I still have mine from a year ago and it is holding up. I had them make me one with the ties so that Hero can't bunch it up and chew it. I think I might have to get another one next year as there are signs of wear and tear--nothing to replace sooner though.

·
Registered
153 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
I've had good luck with Fosters and Smith. My first dobie went thru 3 beds before I found one at Fosters. When I got Lexi and Jack that is where I went for their beds.

·
Luv-The-Nub
1,058 Posts
Orvis has tough chew beds, they are great beds and a great company. Yes they will replace with brand new or refund you if you are not satisfied.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
I use a Kong bed. You can find them online.
My Vizsla destoryed a kong bed in about 1 hour.

I use the Dura Ruff beds from Dr. Foster and Smith.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great thread! My dog loves the Costco dog beds. Unfortunately, he has chewed through 2 in the past 2 months. I just purchased a Primo Pad and will see how this one holds up.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Don't go with the KONG ones, worthless, my dobe chewed it in 2 hours....now she gets quilts and flannel as bedding.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts