Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! Just a quick question...

The local club is having their annual specialty this weekend and I would really like to go and watch.

A) Can I even go without being a member?

B) I have been told that I should be able bring my puppy, but by someone outside of the club. My gut feeling says that this is wrong. Wouldn't this be distracting, not to mention inappropriate? What do you think?

I really don't want to upset the club as I hope to one day be a member. If I have to get someone to watch my pup, I will.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Going to watch shouldn't be an issue at all, shows are generally open to the Public. I would not take your puppy. Only dogs that are entered are supposed to be on the show grounds.

Is this the DPC of Nor Cal show in Vallejo?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You! I really don't want to be that person, if you know what I mean.

Yes, it is. I was hoping to make some connections on here prior to going! Oh well, I am still excited to go!

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
The AKC rules have changed. You need to check the premium. Most shows allow dogs over six months. That being said you will need to keep a CLOSE eye on your puppy IF you bring him. Dog shows are not a place for puppies to visit every dog they go by and that can be tough for puppies.

Ah just saw it says 10 weeks. if he is under 6 months, it's a no go.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
No issues at all with you attending. Take a chair, be sure to purchase a catalog and most of all have fun!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts