Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
These were also taken this morning in the woods where they found a hole and Gaston was determined to dig and find out exactly what was in that hole. Roxy also wanted in on the hole gig then Gaston got mad because he found it first so they had some words and I ended up grabbing both up and back into the house for a time out!!!!!

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
If it was a foxhole and you were in this country you would be arrested for foxhunting with dogs :):)

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Well that just doesn't seem fair.....it was his hole, he found it first :D

Looks like a lovely walking area.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
It looks so nice out there. The last hole my dogs found was a rabbits nest. I hate when they find those.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hope it's not a rabbit's nest, the last hole had a very p-----off possum in it!!

·
Registered
986 Posts
I vote that it's a tortoise hole. And hey, unless Gaston has a deed to that real property, it's fair game for Roxy. Finders keepers unless there's another dobie around...

And TJ, at my house cardboard boxes are the cheapest outside fun toy ever for Oscar.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It really could be anything in that hole. I've seen possum, tortoise, fox, *****, armidillo's etc. I'm just glad Gaston didn't come face to face with what ever it was!

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Great Pics :) I didnt realize what a big boy Gaston is! Rommel has found a hornet hole also, it was no fun.....I got stung pretty bad and almost wound up in the hospital, he got stung numerous times also...was no fun.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK, is it just me or am I now getting paranoid about Gaston's size. Everyone keeps saying how big he is. He is 94 lbs.and solid muscle. His Dad and Uncle weigh the same. Everyone said when he was in his 80's that he still needed to bulk up. He started to bulk up about a month before he turned 2 which was this past October. Also when he started to bulk up there was no increase in his food, he just put on more muscle. OK there are lots of males on this forum and a few that are around Gaston's age, how much do ya'll's boy's weigh?

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Don't get paranoid LTH. I think it just depends on the dog. Whatever looks good on the dog. As long as they aren't skinny minnies or chunky butts. Asher weighed last at 82 lbs when he was in getting his stitches out. He usually flucuates around 80-85 lbs.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I agree w/DD and would add as long as he's happy and healthy (and it sure looks like he is) no need to worry. He's gorgeous! Sounds like Gaston's genetically predisposed to be a big boy like his male relatives. We'll weigh in tomorrow but I'd guess Oscar's under 75 lbs..

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Bone structure has alot to do with being able to carry weight. Thick bones, long bones, short bones, fine bones just like people. Two people same height different structure one looks good the other looks like a dumpling smaller frame. He looks like a great well balanced MALE dobe to me. He doesn't look oobie. :)
As for the whole if it's snakes run cause that would be the only time I could run faster than my dobie. OH Yeah he would be eating my dust!!!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts