Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
My family is in search for a Doberman (any sex or color) as a companion (we have a cat and a 6yr old and love outdoor activities) so I have been looking in the Maryland or Pennsylvania area. I've looked on the dpca Breeder Referral List and reached out to Nubia Dobermans yesterday. Just would like any personal experiences with your pups and breeders to help point us in the right direction since this is our first Doberman, I have had Rottweilers in the past. Thank you!

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
There are two in Maryland I'd recommend - Nubia and LoyalBlitz. LoyalBlitz Dobermans
I would not go to anyone else in our state.

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
Thank you, I just looked them up and her dogs are beautiful! Also love how the children are involved with showing and handling their dogs as well.
If you're in Maryland, hit the club link in my signature. LoyalBlitz is in the local chapter and I believe they have a meeting very soon. Send a note via the Contact Us link way at the bottom of the page and you'll have an opportunity to meet the club. :)

I don't know exactly where you are but Desta and Bellacane dobermans are probably close too.
They're about 4 hours south of Baltimore in Yorktown, VA. Definitely worth considering.

Reactions: LadyDi and melbrod

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you're in Maryland, hit the club link in my signature. LoyalBlitz is in the local chapter and I believe they have a meeting very soon. Send a note via the Contact Us link way at the bottom of the page and you'll have an opportunity to meet the club. :)

They're about 4 hours south of Baltimore in Yorktown, VA. Definitely worth considering.
I just sent them a message via their website! Thank you for being so helpful!

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
I just sent them a message via their website! Thank you for being so helpful!
You are most welcome. I remember being in your position, and it's super helpful to have a group of folks you can lean on for help. Especially during posting. For all their faults (and it's a group of people, there will be faults), they're incredibly helpful, plus you'll be able to gain access to the club's holter if you join.

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
@Dobiegirl112 - I would ask lots and lots of questions, like how many of her dogs' predecessors died early.

EVERY breeder should be testing for DCM, but remember, the genetic markers are still in research phase and mean very little to the average breeder at this point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts