Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have several short trips planned this summer. We are looking for an IN-HOME pet sitter in the Skokie/just west of Evanston IL area. The websites that we found are reasonable. We left messages with half dozen places and have received one call back-- that clearly, will not work out.
I just thought I would ask the wonderful "Doberman Talk" if anyone could recommend a service in our area for our Doberman? Thankyou.:thanx:

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
Are you looking for someone to come to your home or have him go to someone elses home while you are gone?

·
Banned
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We were looking for someone to spend the night and do a total of 3 "potty/exercise" breaks. It seems the going rate is $60 to $65. All of the places advertised this service at around this rate. They also included turning lights on/off, picking up the mail, watering the plants, etc.. I just liked the idea of someone spending the night, in case anything were to happen. We live in a nice area, but I am sure everyone has heard about Chicago crime, and it is no longer isolated into the city. The boarding kennels wanted $40-$45 a dog for boarding at their facility. We visited one over the weekend and it was utter chaos! Thankyou.

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
If you can't find some one to stay at your home I'd recommend
Tinkle Time Pet Sitting Service
for boarding.

I am checking with Jessie who stayed at my house and watched the crew to see if she would be interested and I'll let you know

·
Registered
198 Posts
I know a trainer who lives up in Hebron, I'm not sure if she would come stay in your house overnight as she has 4 dogs at home to care for. However if you don't find a boarding kennels that you are happy with she'd be more than willing to board your pup while you're gone. Reasonable rates and she can offer training too if there's anything you want worked on! Ill pm you her contact info =)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts