Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase a puppy a Betelges Kennel. I’m wondering if anyone else has purchased from them. Also, has anyone imported a pup during this time of Covid-19? Just wondering if there will be any hiccups with importing. I am assuming if the international airports are open and flights are going, there shouldn’t be a problem, but I’ve never done this before. Any info would help. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,356 Posts
From what I understand, only half or less of the scheduled international flights to and from Europe are currently flying.
Yep for sure! A lot of airlines have most of their fleet just sitting in fields right now. I'm waiting on a refund for a canceled european trip in March.... I've been told we may not get the money back till fall.
I don't know that I'd be even thinking of trying to import a dog right now.

·
Premium Member
7,056 Posts
I am looking to purchase a puppy a Betelges Kennel. I’m wondering if anyone else has purchased from them. Also, has anyone imported a pup during this time of Covid-19? Just wondering if there will be any hiccups with importing. I am assuming if the international airports are open and flights are going, there shouldn’t be a problem, but I’ve never done this before. Any info would help. Thanks!
I will send you a PM regarding this kennel.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Since your asking about importing I'm assuming you are looking for a European Doberman

You might want to check out Limbazi Dobermans, they are in Leduc AB, just outside of Edmonton. They have nice European Dobes and you can actually go visit the breeder and be able to deal with them just in case there is a health issue which IMO is much better then taking a chance and having a dog shipped in. Plus it's got to be more cost effective to get a dog locally especially give the current state of the Cdn $

·
Registered
8 Posts
Since your asking about importing I'm assuming you are looking for a European Doberman

You might want to check out Limbazi Dobermans, they are in Leduc AB, just outside of Edmonton. They have nice European Dobes and you can actually go visit the breeder and be able to deal with them just in case there is a health issue which IMO is much better then taking a chance and having a dog shipped in. Plus it's got to be more cost effective to get a dog locally especially give the current state of the Cdn $
Thank you. We are in Calgary as well and not set on European. Just want a healthy pup from a reputable breeder.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thank you. We are in Calgary as well and not set on European. Just want a healthy pup from a reputable breeder.
There are some great breeder in AB and BC but it's getting very hard to find a dog, not much breeding is done now because of the recent decision by the Alberta Vet Association not to crop ears. Some breeders are willing to take pups down to Montana, to have ears cropped but as you can imagine that is a major inconvenience and with the current Covid19 situation the borders are still closed. You may have to wait until late summer or fall for any chance of getting a local pup but I'd still recommend it over taking the risk of having a dog shipped in from over seas.

·
Super Moderator
21,271 Posts
Reactions: melbrod and Artemis

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Several Canadian litters on the ground now or hitting the ground soon if you're willing to get a pup from Ontario or QC.

·
Super Moderator
21,271 Posts
Quoting my post in another thread here...some puppies either on the ground or about to be bred in the US...

Last I heard, HQ Dobermans has two puppies still available ([email protected]).

Radhy might still have a couple of puppies in Illinois: Rahdy's Dobermans & Swathrun's English Cockers, shobrina, grooming, boarding - Barrington Hills, Illinois

Raindance is expecting a litter (https://www.raindancedobes.com/)

I think Andella Dobermans just did a breeding in Michigan.

Reactions: melbrod

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not long time ago I have heard that one Russian avia company have not so good organization of puppy transporting. But my aunt carefully transported her doggy from her property in Germany to Portugal with lufthansa.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts