Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Just talked to Elissa on the phone-she's sending kits to me this week for Razzle (CAH) and Connor, who's going to be a control dog.

I'm going to send a link to this message to Dragonman, whose boy Drago also has liver disease. I think we have at least one other person on this board whose dog has CAH, I hope they also will participate, as will anyone else whose dog has DCM, CVI, or cancer.
I am so excited about this research. My last boy passed of CAH (he was also occult DCM).
The other person that I know of on this board is Dobes4us. I will send her a PM to this thread.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
There is a 4 1/2 month blue female on the Distinguished Doberman Rescue site that has Wobbler's. I believe Dragonflyz volunteers there.

I will also give this post to my vet because she has a large doberman clientele.
The little Blue Girl has been adopted so we no longer have her, but do they need control dogs? I would be glad to send a kit in from Tango?

·
sadder but wiser girl
9,688 Posts
They told me they would love to have samples from my dogs - maybe as controls?. I received my package yesterday.

·
Mighty One
1,734 Posts
Well Drago has a recheck for his liver disease this morning actually. So I've got the paperwork to submit him with a blood draw today. I'm always happy to help future successful research on doberman health. I hope they find something.

Reactions: wantsaDobe

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well Drago has a recheck for his liver disease this morning actually. So I've got the paperwork to submit him with a blood draw today. I'm always happy to help future successful research on doberman health. I hope they find something.
Great!

My kits are ready for me to take to the PO today.

·
Mighty One
1,734 Posts
Drago's blood is on its way via fedex. They should have it Friday.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Just was notified by another member (thanks dobesanddragons!!) about the study and sent an email just now. Chessie has CAH and we would be happy to help!!!:)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts