Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just saw a new ad from Allstate called "I'm your dog". It shows a dog (Mayhem) happily hanging around while a bunch of burglars rob his house. He even thanks the burglars for the nice bone they gave him, for example. The implication at the end of the ad is that you shouldn't count on your dog to protect your possessions--thus the need for Allstate.

EhyQgskfjNc

The ad was kinda funny, until I thought of Allstate's reputation for dumping customers who have dogs from the "bad" list--pit bulls, rottweillers, chows and of course, dobermans. It differs across the country, but one website I found stated, "Allstate Insurance’s list of prohibited dogs includes pit bulls, Akitas, wolf hybrids, Rottweilers, Chow Chows and Presa/Dogo Canarios. The company also allows only one German Shepherd or Doberman per house and a maximum of three dogs total."

So with the breeds known for protecting households banned, what else can a dog owner expect than a dog who greets the "company" with a wagging tail?

Of course, I'm generalizing and exaggerating, and I'm not mentioning my speculation that my two might be more like what the ad depicts than ferocious burglar chasers, but somehow the ad ultimately left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Interesting point you bring up, I never thought of that. I tend to love those commercials but that one wasn't as amusing as the others, I thought.

Fun fact - One of Ruthie's possible names (before I picked Ruthless) was Mayhem.

·
Beam Me Up, Scotty
189 Posts
I saw this commercial, and thought to myself, if someone came in the house with a jar of peanut butter...

·
Registered
939 Posts
I laughed at that commercials implications.. I think they're not too far off!

My ferocious "Lickerman Pinscher" would ATTACK!...... with kisses. Lots of kisses. Copious amounts of kisses. Kisses until your skin is raw!

Maybe she could keep them rolling on the ground giggling and trying to keep their faces dry until the cops came?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've read several training books (maybe Kohler books) that specifically work on training your dog not to accept treats from anyone other than you, as they may be used to occupy/lure or even poison a dog when it should be doing it's job...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts