Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been busy lately but I still am very much lurking around. We have just adopted out our second Foster. Rocko is finally getting his big boy brain and not being a turd at the club while training. The kids are getting bigger, and work is getting more and more demanding.

But I still am training and still being a family man! Rocko is starting to get much more level headed in his obedience and is starting to show some aggression in his bite work(finally). The Foster experience has been amazing for not only me and the kids but Rocko as well. Getting to be around different dogs has made him much more laid back around dog in different situations(big help when practicing for the BH and TT). I had thought a lot of a second sport dog but after Fostering I realize I want so much more from him and having another dog will considerably take away from that. I'm still per suing doing Helper work and boy is their a lot to learn. Just watching it you would never know what the level of athleticism and training involved. I must say it is one of the most rewarding experiences watching the dogs I work with evolve and grow in the sport. Enjoy the Photos!

This is Miss Cleo!

The kids!

My angry Face.

Me and Rocko.

Yes I have the good stuff.

FOCUS..

And yes he still rules the roost!

(please excuse the BALLS)

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,316 Posts
Love the red boots. I had a pair of cowboy boots at about that age and my parents couldn't get them off of me. I still remember them fondly, more years later than I care to count.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Awesome shots and awesome family.

Reactions: Tperkins

·
Super Moderator
21,902 Posts
Why are your kids so damn adorable?
congratulations on your new addition! :) she's gorgeous.
I think he means his foster dog just got adopted out :)

Nice pics, OP!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Awesome pics - thanks for sharing!!

Reactions: Tperkins

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry for the confusion. Cleo was our latest Foster who was adopted this past Saturday. She was a very low drive, very submissive girl. (to say the least we did not click) She taught me an immense amount on how to motivate a dog, and made me realize how nice it is to be able to work with motivated ones. She had had a ruff go at it with a young man presumably my age, because from the start she was deathly afraid of me. She was however a complete angel around my wife and the kids. She learned that not all guys are mean, and that all types of people can be good. Not only was she a dog who wanted nothing to do with training, she also was deeply fearful of me. This was a very useful experience for me to have to deal with as a dog trainer. She went to a home with two kids the exact same ages as mine.(the husband was a bit older, and different body type, she loved him from day one)

I was heavily, heavily considering a second dog(Female GSD). I have come to the conclusion that the goals I have for me and Rocko are at the fore front, and will wait until the time is right to fully nurture a serious working prospect. We will continue to Foster, but we will be taking a little break after Cleo.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts