Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The spotted cow still lives, and has been with her for bedtime and naps ever since I bought it for her friday on my lunch break....His arm has a tear now, but since he was a kids toy not a dog one, I never expected the poseable limbs and thin stitching to hold for to long, depsite her weird gentleness and love of all toys spotted :p

(p.s. that red body pillow has officialy been claimed as hers to snuggle at night.....afterall why would IIIII need it :rolleyesww:)

I LOVE MY MOO! :D

He makes the best! pillow!

This is how she supports my doberman talk addiction....."I nap, while you post" :rolleyesww:
getting sleepy...

Nap time

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Love it! It's funny how they take over things. Diesel has already decided that HE deserves MY pillow not me and he's only 11 weeks! I can only imagine when he gets older haha. She is beautiful btw :)
My favorite is when I refuse to open the front of the lazy boy so she says ok, I'll MAKE a space on your lap :rolleyesww::lol2:. Where I sleep hasn't been up to me in almost a year!

And thank you! She was an unexpected and unknowingly needed twist of fate in my life, and I've laughed everyday since!
Your boy is going to be a looker when he grows up! <3

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
My favorite is when I refuse to open the front of the lazy boy so she says ok, I'll MAKE a space on your lap :rolleyesww::lol2:. Where I sleep hasn't been up to me in almost a year!

And thank you! She was an unexpected and unknowingly needed twist of fate in my life, and I've laughed everyday since!
Your boy is going to be a looker when he grows up! <3
That happened to me today! He just hopped on my lap which is fine now but not when he's bigger haha I just love how they have the best personalities. I have a lab and if he was here he would've just laid on the floor but not my boy Diesel! I'm noticing that where I sleep and how long I sleep is no longer up to me. My world is slowly starting to revolve around him.

It's amazing how the most unexpected things end up being the best. She looks like she has a great life with you and thank you :)

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That happened to me today! He just hopped on my lap which is fine now but not when he's bigger haha I just love how they have the best personalities. I have a lab and if he was here he would've just laid on the floor but not my boy Diesel! I'm noticing that where I sleep and how long I sleep is no longer up to me. My world is slowly starting to revolve around him.

It's amazing how the most unexpected things end up being the best. She looks like she has a great life with you and thank you :)
The boys seem to have a knack for it even more than girls! When i would play and work with this past litter of my bosses, the girls would come flop on me when they were done doing what they wanted, meanwhile the boys are draped across me the second I hit the floor! And of course the biggest boy is the one who has to be the most ON you!
Totally agree on the lab v. dobe comment too! I had a lab when I got mabel that has since passed but would be happy to lay at my feet and near me, touching NOT required, the dober......pish! always touching!
And thank you, she is the best, albeit challenging with her issues to overcome but each day is progress and a glimpse of the dog she used to be :)
Boy I should probly post a thread introducing my girl and her "story" at this point lol!

Oh! any luck on the durable duck search?

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
The boys seem to have a knack for it even more than girls! When i would play and work with this past litter of my bosses, the girls would come flop on me when they were done doing what they wanted, meanwhile the boys are draped across me the second I hit the floor! And of course the biggest boy is the one who has to be the most ON you!
Totally agree on the lab v. dobe comment too! I had a lab when I got mabel that has since passed but would be happy to lay at my feet and near me, touching NOT required, the dober......pish! always touching!
And thank you, she is the best, albeit challenging with her issues to overcome but each day is progress and a glimpse of the dog she used to be :)
Boy I should probly post a thread introducing my girl and her "story" at this point lol!

Oh! any luck on the durable duck search?
That's what I've heard! Which is perfect for me. I always wanted my lab to be a cuddled and he would for a little but he'd much rather just do his own thing now Diesel has to be touching me in sme way, shape, or form haha His favorite thing to do is try to sleep as close to my head as possible even if that means actually sleeping on my head. Then I wake up in the morning with my neck hurting from trying to get comfy around him :lol2:

You should post one introducing her! I'd love to hear! Have you had her very long? Is she a rescue?

The duck search is still going. I sucked it up and bought him another one and he broke it within 2 hours so I need to find something better. I just feel bad cause I know he loves his Duckie.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's what I've heard! Which is perfect for me. I always wanted my lab to be a cuddled and he would for a little but he'd much rather just do his own thing now Diesel has to be touching me in sme way, shape, or form haha His favorite thing to do is try to sleep as close to my head as possible even if that means actually sleeping on my head. Then I wake up in the morning with my neck hurting from trying to get comfy around him :lol2:

You should post one introducing her! I'd love to hear! Have you had her very long? Is she a rescue?

The duck search is still going. I sucked it up and bought him another one and he broke it within 2 hours so I need to find something better. I just feel bad cause I know he loves his Duckie.
I'll work on one right now to introduce the trouble dog ;) so keep an eye out!
and IK thats why my next one is deffinatly a boy, and as long as I'm still working where I am I'll get the privelage to pick him from the day he's born :D

Good luck with the duck! I know i've seen a few canvas style ones at petco, or theirs that dalmation (also at petco). Nothing as fuzzy as what he currently has but at least the same color pattern!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I'll work on one right now to introduce the trouble dog ;) so keep an eye out!
and IK thats why my next one is deffinatly a boy, and as long as I'm still working where I am I'll get the privelage to pick him from the day he's born :D

Good luck with the duck! I know i've seen a few canvas style ones at petco, or theirs that dalmation (also at petco). Nothing as fuzzy as what he currently has but at least the same color pattern!
Yay! I'll keep an eye out for it!

Thanks! I think I'm going to try the Dalmatian or I was thinking of getting some kind of decoy like they use for hunting but I'm not sure that would be as much fun haha

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yay! I'll keep an eye out for it!

Thanks! I think I'm going to try the Dalmatian or I was thinking of getting some kind of decoy like they use for hunting but I'm not sure that would be as much fun haha
I actually don't suggest the decoys unless your going to supervise well! For the amount of $$$ the cost they are surprisingly easy to get chewed up/ not very durable on sharp/puppy teeth. They're also pretty heavy.
Bonus is that if you get it now and work on "no chew" then it would be $ well spent on your little boy.

p.s. Thread is posted in new member intro. :)

Reactions: Sherryh

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I actually don't suggest the decoys unless your going to supervise well! For the amount of $$$ the cost they are surprisingly easy to get chewed up/ not very durable on sharp/puppy teeth. Bonus is that if you get it now and work on "no chew" then it would be $ well spent on your little boy.

p.s. Thread is posted in new member intro. :)
That's a good point! Right now he chews EVERYTHING and that might even be an understatement. It's driving me nuts.

I'll to check it out now!

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Oh so sweeeet!
I know I know! The toys used to last 30 minutes(lol), longest length was 3 days.
These days my doberman picks up her favorite toy, we named it Fredy, she holds it in her month gently and carries it around everywhere she goes;)

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh so sweeeet!
I know I know! The toys used to last 30 minutes(lol), longest length was 3 days.
These days my doberman picks up her favorite toy, we named it Fredy, she holds it in her month gently and carries it around everywhere she goes;)
So far, the two cows ( the one above lost a leg about 10 min ago but its still goin!...popped the stitches in a death shake lol) are "moo"
the dalmation is her "puppy"
and then her wubbas are wubbas, and she seems to think its the funniest word! She has to cock her head everytime i ask where it is then she runs off to find it.....and come to think of it her wubba friend ( the regular is a training only toy) is a giraffe so he's spotted too! No wonder it's still alive!
Lmbo! Some dobes suck their flank, mine adores spotted toys! :sweat:

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
So far, the two cows ( the one above lost a leg about 10 min ago but its still goin!...popped the stitches in a death shake lol) are "moo"
the dalmation is her "puppy"
and then her wubbas are wubbas, and she seems to think its the funniest word! She has to cock her head everytime i ask where it is then she runs off to find it.....and come to think of it her wubba friend ( the regular is a training only toy) is a giraffe so he's spotted too! No wonder it's still alive!
Lmbo! Some dobes suck their flank, mine adores spotted toys! :sweat:
Cute and funny!
Oh, so one leg lost(lol).
When we go to the bedroom, Elza comes along with us. In her mouth, Fredy is there:roflmao:

Fredy, the buddy.
012.jpg

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cute and funny!
Oh, so one leg lost(lol).
When we go to the bedroom, Elza comes along with us. In her mouth, Fredy is there:roflmao:

Fredy, the buddy.
View attachment 16299
Cute! she has the floppier versions of that toy in a gray squirrel and a fox.

Yes one leg gone, but it was a cheap poseable cow from a thrift store so no surprise, i'm sure we have at least 2 more days of him before I destuff and then return just the empty carcass to her lol. For now he is getting a rest and being used as a pillow while she stares at me with what can only be called "that" look, to stop typing so loudly and go to bed! :rolleyesww:

Reactions: Elzajpn

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
I love these cute pictures and the spotted cow is perfect...Mabel looks to be in heaven, with her stuffie friend.

How I trained my Amy to respect her toys, started with a tennis ball...when she was little.
Every time she wanted to peel of the felt with her little front teeth, I voice corrected her.
Soon she knew, Dad was don't going to allow it.
Then I named all her stuffies, and we would play fetch...for a specific toy.
I also told her, each of her animals where her babies...from the animal kindom.
When she gets them to squeek, I say to Amy ..."love-love"...as if the stiffies are talking back.
Toys in our house, lasts for many years now...lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts