Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really, shes too cute.. but she really gave me a run for my money this morning. Its entirely my fault I think, because a well-watched puppy is a puppy that doesn't get in trouble. Anyways, she woke me up at 4 with her 'I've gotta pee!' wiggle and kisses. Alright, cool! I take her down to the door and plop her outside with a 'go potty!' and I see her squat. Sweet. I had to go SO bad.. thinking she'd do her thing then pop right back in when she was done (shes great with the dog door). HA. HAHA. I guess my foggy, still-sleeping brain just wasn't quite on the ball ;) I came back down stairs to find the biggest, gnarliest poo ever- right in the middle of the floor! and.. paw prints. Poo prints. on the couch, around the kitchen, EVERYWHERE! Its like she danced in it. It took a grand total of a whole roll of papertowels, and an hour to clean up. :rolleyesww: guess I learned my lesson! Puppy is never.ever.never left alone..

Just needed to grumble, and I'm sure you guys understand puppyhood!

·
Sirai Dobermans
2,100 Posts
Its entirely my fault I think, because a well-watched puppy is a puppy that doesn't get in trouble.
You said it! :D But, I do feel for you and I'm sure many of us have thought the same thing...how much trouble can they get into in a few minutes (especially at 4am)? At least it was something able to be cleaned up! It could have been a ripped apart couch!

Reactions: longshot4me

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Welcome to puppyhood. The first day we brought Diesel home he immediately walked in the house and peed and then pooped everywhere! I was like seriously! It took me a week to potty train him and now we're pretty much accident free! He still has his moments when he gets too excited or just wants to keep playing and not stop. But yes puppy should never be left alone until you can fully trust them which isn't till their much older. Just another lovely joy of owning a puppy but hey at least their cute!

·
Vicious Bitch.
3,079 Posts
I hate poo prints. A week ago June woke me up and I let her out, back in, and then smelled it. How do you manage to step in poo, outside, when you have TEN ACRES to get around it?! And don't get mad when I have to put you in the tub either. You stepped in it, not me.
Geesh, I feel your pain, longshot.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
:laughing:

Sometimes it is the humans that are the slow learners!!! Bet she taught you NOT to repeat that behaviour in one lesson. Bwwaaaaahahahha

·
Registered
50 Posts
:)Makes me feel better knowing im not the only one going through puppy woes (even if it's our fault sometimes lol):)

Reactions: longshot4me

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:D Join the puppy woes club, Ladyleopard! Its a rough learning curve, haha.

Sinister.. But the other 10 acres doesn't have poo! she was tossed right in the tub and cried at me. Its ALL your fault, she said!

For the record.. I'm a far more kind trainer than my puppy is. Wheres MY cookie and party for getting you outside on time, little booger?? LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts