Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! long time no chat. to give you the abbreviated edition we got hit by lightning and blew out all our electronics (took us a week to figurue out the deep freze blew, but when we opened ewwwwwww) and have gone thru two computers we are now practically back to normal. so I fainally have a couple of picutres to post and TONS to catch up on.

I'll post the rest on the gallery.

ANy way, Molly has fit in great. she is big goofy dobergirl and the two have a good time to gether. she is a total food hound and has gotten pollo to eat better and faster. they have had a couple of skirmishes, but nothing serious.

she is healthy as a horse and has slimmed down a bit since we got her in July. the vet said her ear was from a severe beating she got between 2-3 months old. similar to cauliflower ear that wrestlers get. who ever beat her also fractured her skull. but she is just a big hunk of squirming, loving, licking, snuggling, silly dobe. she is not hand shy at all - which is a miracle - and smart as a whip.

now that she has settled in we need to get her to school. she is very easy to train, she is so focused onfood. I think we could probably get her doing quadratic equasions if we tempted her with a steak! lol

anyways, it's great to be back in the electronic world. it will take me a while to catch up and get the rest of the pix on the gallery, so bear with me. Can't wait to hear how you all and all the dober kids are doing.

cc

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK so the picture didn't post, but go to the gallery - I got several new ones up there.
cc

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks TK. I'm trying to shrink that one for my new avatar. I will also set up my pay pal to get and upgraded membership. thank you for all you have done for our little doberworld. youve been great.

and I'm happy to be home
cc

·
Registered
333 Posts
So glad you are able to give Molly a good home. Breaks my heart every time I hear of a dog, esp Dobies being mistreated. Bless you for taking care of her and all your dogs.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Welcome Back! Glad that Molly is fitting in. Poor girl. The pics are cute.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
What kind of person would beat a puppy, or any defenseless animal for that matter? Makes me wonder what they would do to a child.

Molly is lucky to have found you!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it does break you heart, but it also really shows you what an incredible breed we have all fallen in love with. Molly is just as velcro and dopey as the next puppy, inspite of her past.

the only problem I have with the rescues is that they are addictive - just like Lays potato chips, you can't just have one...... there is a three year old bitch in our area that needs a home, that we might be checking out this weekend...........

cc

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Molly looks like a real sweetie and OHHH you may get another one?? Cool, they are addictive aren't they. I don't think I will ever have three, two is my limit, these two keep me busy, one is like a lightning bolt and the other is like the calm after the storm. :)

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Welcome back!!

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Codysmom said:
it does break you heart, but it also really shows you what an incredible breed we have all fallen in love with. Molly is just as velcro and dopey as the next puppy, inspite of her past.

the only problem I have with the rescues is that they are addictive - just like Lays potato chips, you can't just have one...... there is a three year old bitch in our area that needs a home, that we might be checking out this weekend...........

cc
Addictive,dobies,naah :) I had a long chat with a friend about my doberman addiction to see if he could help - - - - - - - he has got 2 of his own now!:help_up_2
Good to see you back CM,and i think Molly's ear looks cute anyway,just give me 5 mins alone with whoever did that to her and i'm sure they would have a new view on how to treat puppies.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks TJ and Brum:
we literrally got hit by lightning twice and blew out two computers. not enough damage to make it worth claiming on insurance, but enough to wreak a little havoc on the budget. oh well.

Brum - you will have to stand in line to have "a word" with Molly's previous owners. our vet was furious as he checked her out. course she was curled up in his lap and licking him the whole time. HE was ready to kill. that's one of the reasons why I like him so much. he also said that if we ever had to put her under for anything he would do what he could to fix her ear.

her previous owners didn't even bother to have her stitches take out after her spay. her incision is all lumpy and every so often one of the lumps opens up and spits a couple stitches out. doesn't seem to bother her tho. nothing really bothers her, she is such a happy little spas.

she does do this one really weird thing. she stalks. just like a cat. usually she stalks apollo, but the funny part is she does it when he is looking right at her! she puts her head and stub level with her back and moves very, very s-l-o-w-l-y. when she is about 5 or six feet from pollo she jumps on him - except she can never jump that far! it is just hilarious to watch. Pollo goes along with her and just stands there and watches her - sometimes he backs up to make her work a little more for it. She does it to flies too. it is just too funny.

cc

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
welcome back what a cutie! I just love the photo of the two of them..
by the way Codysmom-- I have a bumper stick with that on it "Dobermans are like potatoe chips- you can't have just one"

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
frznbuns said:
welcome back what a cutie! I just love the photo of the two of them..
by the way Codysmom-- I have a bumper stick with that on it "Dobermans are like potatoe chips- you can't have just one"
I LOVE it frznbns! that is exactly how I feel - except when they are both in bed with us lol.

cc

1 - 17 of 17 Posts