Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Well I am not really new but I have been gone for quite a while. Lots has happened since I was on DobermanTalk last. Let's see.. We lost all of our Doberman's in my profile photo. Spirit was the last to go March 10, 2014.
We now have a white Girl that we rescued from Ohio. Yuki(snow in Japanese) is 3 years old and we are her first real home since she was born. She had been in rescues from age 12 weeks till we got her when she was just going on a year old. As of last night, we now also have a new baby boy 8 weeks. Senshi (warrior in Japanese) is a big black and tan. I am really hoping to show him. It will be a first for me as I have never tried to show before. I am really hoping to get lots of help for the people here on Doberman Talk about showing. Well, I'm Back and I hope to read lots of post real soon.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Welcome back, although, we have never met :)

Oooooh, and show puppy!!! Where from???? Where's the pics???? You know the deal, you cannot get a new animal/vehicle/anything without posting the pics!!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm Back

My new baby is a local puppy. His father is one of my boy Spirit's offspring and his mother was Iris my blue girl. Iris had a beautiful pedigree. We lost here last year August at age 9. It was her heart.
I do not know a lot about my puppy's dam. I am just now getting the AKC papers. I know that she is around 4, a Black and Tan and very sweet.
we were happy to hear that Prince (the Stud) has finally sired a litter. Since my boy Spirit passed, we have been hoping for a puppy from his line. This will be the one and only litter that Prince(the Stud) is going to sire as he is getting neutered next month. He is 6 years old. His owner is a friend of mine and a Council Member of our home town. I really wanted to show Prince but his owner REALLY babied him and he would not leave her side. Prince has beautiful lines. Oh Well, I am hoping that Senshi will do ok. this will be the first time I have tired to show. His first show will be at the end of April when he turns 6 months. The show is in Seward, NE which is funny because that is my last name. Maybe it will be lucky for me.LOL:roflmao:
Picture will be following soon as I get them off my phone. Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
My new baby is a local puppy. His father is one of my boy Spirit's offspring and his mother was Iris my blue girl. Iris had a beautiful pedigree. We lost here last year August at age 9. It was her heart.
I do not know a lot about my puppy's dam. I am just now getting the AKC papers. I know that she is around 4, a Black and Tan and very sweet.
we were happy to hear that Prince (the Stud) has finally sired a litter. Since my boy Spirit passed, we have been hoping for a puppy from his line. This will be the one and only litter that Prince(the Stud) is going to sire as he is getting neutered next month. He is 6 years old. His owner is a friend of mine and a Council Member of our home town. I really wanted to show Prince but his owner REALLY babied him and he would not leave her side. Prince has beautiful lines. Oh Well, I am hoping that Senshi will do ok. this will be the first time I have tired to show. His first show will be at the end of April when he turns 6 months. The show is in Seward, NE which is funny because that is my last name. Maybe it will be lucky for me.LOL:roflmao:
Picture will be following soon as I get them off my phone. Thanks for the welcome.
Yes! Pics would be great when your little one comes home.

So are you owner-handling your new pup? It sounds like Spirit was shown, but not owner-handled (?)

Also, I would love to see pics of your blue girl!!! I love blues, but when I looked for one years ago, it was really hard to find a well-bred dilute.

We have a black/tan now, he's a cute lil bugger. I want to get him in some lure coursing this spring. It is right up his alley!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Spirit was more of a working dog. We did some agility but he was too fast for Fat One me. LOL So he became a Therapy dog. He was GREAT at it. Loved going on Visits. At one visit, we went up to a lady in a wheelchair. Her caregiver told her how pretty Spirit was and wouldn't she like to pet him, look at his beautiful soulful eyes. then told me how the lady had been there for 3 years and never spoken. She took her hand and rubbed it over Spirit's head and he laid it in her lap. After just a few pets, the Lady look at him and then me and "What a pretty boy, you are so sweet" she said. As our jaws dropped she asked when would we be back. Anytime you want!! her caregiver said. What a moment!!
I really wanted to show Spirit but he had a very dark markings around his nose and his hips was rated just "Good". But Therapy was his thing. and he made lots of people happy
As for Senshi our new baby, I am going to try and owner handle for the first couple of time just to get me feet wet.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Spirit was more of a working dog. We did some agility but he was too fast for Fat One me. LOL So he became a Therapy dog. He was GREAT at it. Loved going on Visits. At one visit, we went up to a lady in a wheelchair. Her caregiver told her how pretty Spirit was and wouldn't she like to pet him, look at his beautiful soulful eyes. then told me how the lady had been there for 3 years and never spoken. She took her hand and rubbed it over Spirit's head and he laid it in her lap. After just a few pets, the Lady look at him and then me and "What a pretty boy, you are so sweet" she said. As our jaws dropped she asked when would we be back. Anytime you want!! her caregiver said. What a moment!!
I really wanted to show Spirit but he had a very dark markings around his nose and his hips was rated just "Good". But Therapy was his thing. and he made lots of people happy
As for Senshi our new baby, I am going to try and owner handle for the first couple of time just to get me feet wet.
I'm sorry frznbunz, I don't mean to sound callous, but I have to ask because this is really bothering me. Are you breeding or did you breed untitled dogs?

·
Doberdonut
516 Posts
Yeah, mommyblaze3 "AKA" naturaldobe wants to know. Maybe ask her what she has done with all the dogs she has had.
Ask blaze, or OP?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Like I said, We Breed Spirit, for a working line. Out of this litter, 3 went to show, 2 went to Police to work in the prison system in NY and PA, One is in search and rescue and 2 are Assistance dogs. it was a litter of 9 with one lost at birth. I have no regrets or apologizes for breeding a litter of wonderful working dogs. Spirit lived to almost 13 years old and most of the litter are now most 7 years old. We lost one to an accident at age 5. I keep in contact with every owner. As for my other Dobermans in my family Raven was our first after almost 25 years. She was Spayed and died at 7 1/2 bad heart, Iris our blue rescue just died last year of cancer in her brain, Gypsy (Spirits's mate) was to be shown but at age 1 she fell off our deck and had to have 4 teeth pulled or grinded down. She was also my assistance dog. She just died a year ago. she had developed arthritis so bad in her hips that we put her to sleep at age 9. Now I hope that answers your questions.:)

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My new baby Senshi, Will be trained to be my assistance dog and like I have said, I am also hoping to show him. Yuki "our Rescue White Doberman from Ohio" is also being trained to assist me.:D

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Like I said, We Breed Spirit, for a working line. Out of this litter, 3 went to show, 2 went to Police to work in the prison system in NY and PA, One is in search and rescue and 2 are Assistance dogs. it was a litter of 9 with one lost at birth. I have no regrets or apologizes for breeding a litter of wonderful working dogs. Spirit lived to almost 13 years old and most of the litter are now most 7 years old. We lost one to an accident at age 5. I keep in contact with every owner. As for my other Dobermans in my family Raven was our first after almost 25 years. She was Spayed and died at 7 1/2 bad heart, Iris our blue rescue just died last year of cancer in her brain, Gypsy (Spirits's mate) was to be shown but at age 1 she fell off our deck and had to have 4 teeth pulled or grinded down. She was also my assistance dog. She just died a year ago. she had developed arthritis so bad in her hips that we put her to sleep at age 9. Now I hope that answers your questions.:)
Not really. I'm very glad that you had all your pups go into service. That is very special, indeed. However, my question was directed toward your breeding pair. Were they adorned with any other titles than a CGC?

Further, do you plan on breeding Senshi?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As for my plans on breeding Senshi, I think that I do not know what the future will bring. my dogs, were CGC, TT, TD, to name a few but what does that matter?????

1 - 20 of 89 Posts