Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some updated pics of Ija that were taken when she was 5 months old. We are learning to stack still (Euro style this go round). She is down faced and has the most prominent occipital bone I have ever seen. Does anyone have experience with puppies growing in to them?

Now, other than that... I think she is quite lovely but I would appreciate more eyes. She has really nice rib spring and is a broad girl which I like. Her feet are much better than they were, but not perfect. I really like her front and rear. Slightly croupy, good tail set.

·
Eat Poo and Die
2,193 Posts
I like Ija's bone and her rear assembly (especially how her feet don't fall too far back from her ischium or possibly even right there). I don't know if it's just because she's still young but she has kind of a stovepipe neck? Where her neck is the same width from top to bottom.

·
joie de vivre
11,277 Posts
Ija is so cute! I think she's built nicely. I can't wait to see how she matures; I'm sure you can't either! :)

Fiona has a really prominent occipital bone too. I think she's kind of grown into hers as her face has broadened with age.

This picture is from a couple years ago, almost 2 years ago exactly.

This picture is from about a year ago.

This picture is from approx. 6-months ago.

And this one is from about a month ago (I think - I know it's really recent anyway).

I wish I could find pics from the same angle. That would be a better comparison but her head has really broadened quite a bit the last year and I don't think it's as prominent as it used to be. Could just be that I'm used to looking at it though! :)

I bet it also has to do a lot with genetics though. Do either of her parents have prominent occipital bones?

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
I think Ija is nice looking! I to like her rear, and I think she has a decent top line. She is still so young! Nice bone, and nice color. Her head definitely looks better in the last picture at that angle. Nice expression to!

Reactions: workingk9s

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You guys are making me feel so much better! I don't remember any of my puppies having such a prominent bone. brw - Tali definitely grew in to a very pretty girl! lelise - now that he has grown in to it... is he not smart anymore, lol, just kidding. Another nice looking boy.

As far as her neck. Stove pipe all the way. Both parents have the same neck and I think pretty much most of the Euro dogs (at least the ones I have seen) have that typical lack of grace to it.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Her head isn't her best feature but I really like the rest of her. I don't find her croupy at all. It's supposed to be slightly rounded.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I will be the first to say my knowledge of conformation is limited, however I do think she is a lovely looking little pup!

I had a dog with an prominent occipital prominence as well - she pretty much grew into it - but it was always very apparent when you would pet her over her head. When she was relaxed and sleeping it was the most apparent, when she was alert and had her ears up, you could not even notice it.

Have you started doing any foundation work with her yet? If so, how is that going?

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have you started doing any foundation work with her yet? If so, how is that going?
I have. She actually has really good food drive and really good toy drive. I was doing a fair amount of flirt pole stuff, just to increase drive, but she is teething now so we are currently stuck in ob mode.

I like this little puppy a lot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts