Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove up to Ames today to run some errands, and stopped by another IDR+ foster's house to take pictures of her two fosters! Hockey is the pit bull, and Sampson is the teenage dobe!

·
MOATS
1,922 Posts
Hockey is looking great! Thanks for the photos.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
I LOVE Hockey! He has sweet eyes and beautiful coloring. He could use a nail trim though.

And Sampson looks just like a troublesome teenager. I love that 4th picture of him.

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
Poor Hockey was an owner turn in to animal control after the motor oil treatment they used didn't help his demodex.

These are his intake photos - his foster mom has done wonders with him

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep - right now Hockey's feet are too swollen and ouchy for much nail trimming to be done. Mange sucks, but Hockey is a little trooper - and his foster mom is doing a great job with him!

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Oh her does look great!!! I cannot believe people are still using motor oil, I wonder who came up with that as a cure. I took a pup from a guy last summer who was soaking her in motor oil trying to cure her mange. She was such a mess. Thanks for the info. I thought he looked familiar but i couldn't remember.

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
Sampson's coloring is so rich. Good looking boy. He looks familiar though, like I've seen him here on DT ??

Hockey's eye make you melt. He looks so much better. His foster mom rocks! I hope he finds his forever home soon and lives the fab life!

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
WOW

A Male Dobe and a Male Pit Bull couldn't that be dangerous. I thought 2 Males together was a bad situation.

They won't be adopted together, they are in a foster home, both are young and at the moment do not have male/male issues. If they start to seem like they are having issues one will find a new foster home or she will crate and rotate. Something she is familiar with with sadly.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They won't be adopted together, they are in a foster home, both are young and at the moment do not have male/male issues. If they start to seem like they are having issues one will find a new foster home or she will crate and rotate. Something she is familiar with with sadly.
What Dobejazz said. Our fosters are pretty savvy, especially this particular foster. Her dogs (including her fosters) are managed with the utmost care and consideration towards breed tendencies. She knows what she's doing. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
OMG!!!!!! I am in LOVE with Sampson!!! So cute!! If I could take him now I sooo totally would, but unfortunatly certain circumstances wont allow me to get one now at least not until may/june! Please keep us posted on Sampson and Hockey!!
Hockey is a cutie too!! Way to go foster mom!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts