Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hmm, definitely deserves some more research.
Even if they didn't test on animals, I still wouldn't touch either brand's crapple with a ten foot pole.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
It is a shame if true. Being as big as those compines are. I'm leaning towards that is probably true about the testing, for sure about putting crap in their food. Would not buy either crap brand. When you know better, you feed better!

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
Some of the Peta footage could be from years ago peta is not all there they have been known to go to dog shows and let dogs out of their crates.Peta people are very strange.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I hardly believe any of it, there's no way a video like that could come from a credible source when the grammar itself is terrible. They're relying on Pathos alone (but what's new, PETA?) to hope you cry and send them money- can you really believe this statement?

"Meet: Maisy. Maisy loves attention but rarely gets it. It's even harder now that she's been debarked and has no voice. Maisy has been caged since September 18, 1997."
(next slide)
"She overheard two coworkers talk about how they washed a kitten down the drain."

I really hope I didn't just read that we're reporting hearsay from a dog, if that isn't what they meant I suggest they go take a middle school writing class and learn how not to use vague references.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Animal testing is horrible. If you think this is bad, think of all the beagles being put to sleep after a vet finishes an exam :(

I know a few vet techs that studied to become a vet, I watched as they progressed and eventually the big days loomed ahead. One exam was to spay a dog, and the tech told me how sad he was for the beagles. I asked why? Thinking the person who owned the beagle was getting a free spay, and it was controlling animal population. He said that these beagles were bred specifically for these exams, and once the exam was done, they were put to sleep.

I was dumbfounded. I asked two more vets if this was true and they said it was. Maybe its just this country that allows this, or one part of it, I have to research it more, but when I heard about it, its so sad :( Why cant they use shelter animals and let them LIVE afterwards??

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
The video may be old news, but not to someone who has never see it. I posted several videos a couple of years ago, a couple of which were heartbreaking. PETA was behind them also, but as much as I hate PETA, I do have to give them credit for exposing animal testing by P&G. Animal testing by P&G is well known and I have never seen any press that states they have stopped. That is part of the reason I dont recommend their dog food unless I cant think of an alternative.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Animal testing is horrible. If you think this is bad, think of all the beagles being put to sleep after a vet finishes an exam :(

I know a few vet techs that studied to become a vet, I watched as they progressed and eventually the big days loomed ahead. One exam was to spay a dog, and the tech told me how sad he was for the beagles. I asked why? Thinking the person who owned the beagle was getting a free spay, and it was controlling animal population. He said that these beagles were bred specifically for these exams, and once the exam was done, they were put to sleep.

I was dumbfounded. I asked two more vets if this was true and they said it was. Maybe its just this country that allows this, or one part of it, I have to research it more, but when I heard about it, its so sad :( Why cant they use shelter animals and let them LIVE afterwards??
Wtf? That's horrible. I've never heard of this happening in the states and I live close to one of the best vet schools in the country. Hopefully it's not common practice :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts