Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But I thought everyone would be interested. Even if you don't live in NC, it's not a precedent that we want set.

A proposal in Cumberland County Animal Control in Fayetteville, NC, please contact any/all of the nine leaders (contact information, below). Details: There is a breed ban set to go into affect Monday the 5th of December all Dobermans, Rottweilers, Chow Chows, German Shepherds, Great Danes, Pitbulls, Mastiffs (all bully breeds), Akitas and Huskies. These dogs will be held for the mandatory 72 hrs and then will be killed, they are not going to be given a chance to be adopted. If the dog is an owner turn-in, then it will be killed the second it walks into the back.

Cumberland County`s reason for this is not wanting to be held liable for these breeds and the possible bite from them to the public after adopted from the shelter. . A simple waiver would solve this I`m sure. We need to flood them & let them know that this is not the answer. . Dr John Lauby (the one that hired the gunman to shoot the Fayetteville dogs. Mayor Anthony G. Chavonne 433 Hay Street Fayetteville, NC 28301 910-433-1992, 910-433-3401 Fax 433-1948 [email protected] Dr. John Lauby Director of Animal Services Cumberland County Animal Control 4704 Corporation Drive, Fayetteville, NC 28306 Animal Control Phone: 910-321-6845, 910-321-68 44,910-321-6826, 910-321-6827,910-321-6945, 910-321-6965 910-321-6852 Fax: 910-223-3357 [email protected] cumberland.nc.us Kenneth S. Edge Chairman Mailing Address: PO Box 1829 Fayetteville, NC 28302 Office:910-678-7771 Home:910-4 25-0918 [email protected] District:District 2 Term Expiration :December 2012 Marshall Faircloth Vice Chairman Mailing Address: PO Box 1829 Fayettevil le, NC 28302 Office:910-678-7771 Work:910-323-1040 wmfairclot [email protected] District:District 2 Term Expiration:December 2012 Dr. Jeannette M. Council Mailing Address: PO Box 1829 Fayetteville, NC 28302 Office:910-678-7771 Home:910-4 88-0691 [email protected]la nd.nc.usDistrict:District 1 Term Expiration: December 2014 >> Charles Evans Mailing Address: PO Box 1829 Fayetteville, NC 28302 Office:910-678-7771 Home:910-978-6643 [email protected] District: At-Large Term Expiration: December 2014 >> Jimmy Keefe Mailing Address: PO Box 1829 Fayetteville, NC 28302 Office:910-678-7771 Work:910-323-1791 [email protected] District:District 2 Term Expiration:

·
Registered
771 Posts
BSL really makes me so angry, seeing all 3 dogs I have are on the list.
Thanks for posting. I think there is a nation wide BSL site out there that keeps the public updated. Hopefully this gets added on there!

·
Banned
3,463 Posts
This was posted on facebook by Fallon Bentley, President of a Pinsch of Heaven Doberman Rescue in Tennessee

"To all of those that have heard about the breed ban taking place at the Cumberland County Animal Shelter in Fayetteville, NC,.. I just got off the phone with both the Mayor's office and the shelter, and both have assured me that the ban is no longer going to take place due to the overwhelming response they have received from the public to revoke it! :) It's a good day for our 4-legged best friends in North Carolina!!"

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
This makes me so angry...do people really not understand how valuable these breeds are??? Thousands of German Shepherds are risking their lives right this second working as police dogs protecting PEOPLE. Dobermans risked their lives and died during wars protecting PEOPLE. Huskies give everything they have helping to transport PEOPLE. I could go on and on. I'm thankful that this isn't going to happen, but it shows the mentality of our society. We want dogs to protect us, work for us, entertain us, etc but when they possibly start to cost us money or become a liability, suddenly they are disposable and deserve to die. How freaking selfish can humans get....
:rant:

·
In training
1,263 Posts
the ban is no longer going to take place due to the overwhelming response they have received from the public to revoke it! :) It's a good day for our 4-legged best friends in North Carolina!!"

Call me a dork, but I cried reading that. My uncle just moved to NC with his husky mix (looks like wolf). Played a disaster out in my head if the dog got loose and it took too long for him to find him... ugh. Thank the Lord!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I was in borderline rage mode discussing this with someone today :ranting2: so glad that it's been revoked. I know so many around that area that have breeds that would have been targeted. Glad they decided not to make a huge mistake.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I don't fully understand the ramifications of BSL, some places it's interpreted as AC wont adopt out those breeds. I have heard that in other places it's that they will actually confiscate your pup. That's a confrontation no doggie cop wants to have in my house.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Glad they dropped the ban. We are retiring on 11 acres in Cumberland Co wouldn't have to sell the land before I give up my dobies. Hate this stupid BSL.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
i couldnt imagain being in a situation to no longer keep my dogs knowing that if i give them up they would just be killed to terrible. why dont they just ban stupid people

·
Super Cute Holly
227 Posts
SOME PEOPLE NEED TO OPEN THERE EYES, just because a dog is BIG does NOT mean it is VICIOUS OR it will BITE!! STUPID! they are GENTLE GIANTS!!! :)
Dobermans, Rottweilers, Chow Chows, German Shepherds, Great Danes, Pitbulls, Mastiffs Akitas and Huskies my family has bullmastiffs biggest sooks! lol and i know rottweilers sooks and german shepherds funny dogs.. and i know great danes sooks just because there big IT DOESNT MAKE THEM NASTY!! grrr:mad:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts