Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone one I am new to the site and haven't really look around yet to get too comfortable with it. But with that being said I am looking to get a Doberman of my own. I have had two Dobermans in my 28 years of life. One we got when I was only 4 years old and what a Great Dobe she was living 16 long years. I still carry around a scar on my ear from a friendly bite I received playing with her. I do Miss "Sugar" My parents then got the 2nd one (their 4th) "Maddie" She is a Person in a Dobes body has the greatest Personality. But I have recently bought a new house and now I want a Dog of my own. I live in the Nashville, Tennessee area and looking to either get a Doberman puppy or will take one that is 2 years old or younger Does anyone know of any in the area or inside Kentucky ?

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
You could do a search for doberman rescue or go thru petfinder to see if any young males are in need of a home. Rescues usually are chock full of young males needing homes. There is also a D.P.C.N. You could contact someone and see if they know of any breeders with a rehome dobe. Good luck!

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Besides a rescue as LindaH suggested, I know two good breeders in kentucky area but they are working dogs which is something to pay attention to as far as drive and training requirements

Kentucky: Swift run and Masaya (who has a swift run girl btw)

Good luck =)

·
Super Moderator
21,910 Posts
Sometimes great breeders have older pups or adults needing homes, too. Rescue is a great option, too.

·
Back Off
1,721 Posts
I would get into contact with the Nashville Doberman pinscher club, they would be happy to direct to some breeders close by who may not be 'regular breeders' that you can just hop on and find on the internet. It is my understanding that they are a very active club.

·
Back Off
1,721 Posts
Also for rescue Adoptable Kids pinsch of heavan is located in Knoxville, and they are fabulous! They site is usually only 1 or 2 weeks out of date, but they also are on petfinder

1 - 6 of 6 Posts