Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
One Lucky Mama!
892 Posts
doberdeer - A company called PetTech offered a canine CPR and First Aid class in our area, and the American Red Cross offers them as well.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RED Cross offers it... i found it on line.... a local training facility offered it for 45. it was great,,, also went over evacuation plans, first aid, etc.....also comes with a book and DVD A+++++

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
heidi's mom, great informative course to take, good for you. pass on what you have learned any chance you get.

i took an 8 month industrial first aid course many years ago..........i have used what i learned there many times over the years.....for people and pets. :)

·
BYB Hunter
1,058 Posts
Wow, this is the coolest thing I have seen in a very long time. Awesome!!! :D And good for you!!

Reactions: Sherryh

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the best thing besides the CPR / Choking was the Emergency evacuation plan.. things like making a list and keeping it on the fridge with all the things you need to bring, meds, etc.. things that you may forget if told to leave now .. also if you have to go to a shelter try to bring a picture of you and your dog.. not just the dog...since red cross now has a tent / shelter area for pets but you have to bring your own crate..... also how to stock a first aid kit.. have things like Benadryl, Hydrogen Perox. Powdered Gatoraid packets ( for heat emergengies) , tweezers, nail clippers, rolled gauze.. he said try to think of things that may not be in a human first aid kit.. there was so much i can hardly remember it all ( good thing they gave us a book and DVD) .. for 45 dollars it was a great wealth of info thats for sure !

Reactions: Sherryh

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I'm going to take the time to check into this class. Now I know why my friend has a box full of meds stocked for her dobes...........Thanks for sharing!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts