Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Other than the white stripe, I think they look identical. When Yogi walks in the house, he makes a galloping sound. If you look at his face closely, it looks like a horses face but smaller.

When we compare Yogi to all other dogs, my girlfriend and I joke about how much Yogi looks like a darn horse.

I'm trying to teach Yogi to "winnie" :) LOL

In fact, we joke about Yogi being a horse so much that we've decided that dobermans ARE horses, especially when standing next to any other dog :)

Yogi is a horse :)

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
yeah I think dobermans look like horses and deers...that is why I dressed duchess up as horse for halloween before haha. Yogi is missing the cropped ears to have horse ears too though. :)

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I refer to Java as my 'Seabiscuit' for the way she races down the hall from the mudroom after coming in from the cold. Sometimes Dobes remind me of dressage horses when they prance, head and ears up. I've had several little girls tell me she looks like a pony, so next Hallowe'en I'm going to sew her a hood and blanket (racing 'silks') and make her a 'winner's circle' collar of flowers. Any bets as to how long it will be before she shakes it all off???

·
Registered
437 Posts
Diesel is a horse too! When he's on his flexi lead he lunges himself like you would lunge a horse. Plus our two have dog coats made by a horse rug company so when they wear them they look even more like horses! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts