Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to see what everyone thinks.
His ears have been down for over a week now and I think he has great control of them. I am going to go with my proven routine and let him work the muscles instead of being restricted/constrained by the posts.

Pics are from my phone and not the best angles/quality, but you should get the drift.
His left ear has a very slight laziness to it, but on high alert, both are bang on and when directional hearing, it straightens up, so it just needs to be worked. but something to keep eye on it.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
They look great :] If they're a little weakish but only on top you could consider breathe-rites. Thats what I did with Dreizehn's ears when they were basically done but mildly floppy just at the tips.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Nubis ears look great, from here...what is he, just under 6 months young now ?

Amy had 1 lazy ear (at 7 months), and we had to continue posting for another month.
- and over time, she worked her ear muscles and it corrected itself

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks
Patchwork, thanks for the tip. They don't really flop only if he wants too. LOL

Nubis ears look great, from here...what is he, just under 6 months young now ?

Amy had 1 lazy ear (at 7 months), and we had to continue posting for another month.
- and over time, she worked her ear muscles and it corrected itself
Thanks...
Yeah just at 23 weeks today.
Its slightly lazy, when he is listening they are good. And even if it's slightly lazy I can live with it, plus im tired looking at white tips. LOL
All the credit goes to Nubis'sMom, I just sat and let him lay across my lap, hahaha.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Looking good! Damon got his ears cropped today; they're keeping him overnight and we get to pick him up tomorrow. I hope his ears turn out as good as your boy's did! I know it's different for every dog, but how long did you post?

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looking good! Damon got his ears cropped today; they're keeping him overnight and we get to pick him up tomorrow. I hope his ears turn out as good as your boy's did! I know it's different for every dog, but how long did you post?
Thanks
I bet you can't wait to see him. Hopefully you get a good crop but one that suits him, when he is full grown. Its really an art I think.
I posted for about close to 3 months. I could really go longed to fine tune them but I would rather him work them and as a buddy of mine use to say, post for about 2-3 months and if after a week unposted if they have lost shape at all, leave them so they can be worked.

Reactions: Nomad60

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Thanks
Patchwork, thanks for the tip. They don't really flop only if he wants too. LOL

Thanks...
Yeah just at 23 weeks today.
Its slightly lazy, when he is listening they are good. And even if it's slightly lazy I can live with it, plus im tired looking at white tips. LOL
All the credit goes to Nubis'sMom, I just sat and let him lay across my lap, hahaha.
Mrs. Beaumont (he-he) did Amy's ear posting too.
When Amy was tiny, she was a little squirmer and as she grew, my wife posted ears, with our girl just standing on the living room floor.
I don't know how she did it sometimes, with Dad out with my son playing competitive OBSA snooker and 9-Ball.
I still remember 11 years ago, wife took 20 minutes to post and Amy ran into the living room shaking her head.
Within seconds, a tampon goes flying across the room. Pretty darn funny, for someone that didn't post.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Tips Curl Back???

It's a little difficult to tell from the last photo, but it looks like the tips curl back. If so, you should glue Breathe Rite strips to ensure they are perfectly straight. Cut the tabs off the strips and get a nice fit into the tip.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts