Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oh my god .. i am looking to lose abit of weight .not much as i like looking like a woman ..im currently 9.5 stone and want to get to 9 and approx 5'3 the last time i checked.. so a healthy weight for my height just wanted to tidy up the flabby bits.

well i not one to go to the gym and sweat in public so i thought i would have a look at the DVDS on offer..i done a search on ebay then looked up the reviews on Amazon ..

After much searching i chose the MInisty of Sound Pump it Up . It had fantastic reviews and looked fun with some great music ..well i ordered it and as soon as it came i stuck it in the dvd player all eager to start.. little did i know

started of with the warm up which was 12 minutes long and i thought i was gonna die lol i then went on to the most enduring 1hour 'Dance stage' of my life.. Lets just say me flopping all around the living room with no sense of coordination or which was my left and right sent Harvey into a freaky 15 minutes jumping up all over me thinking mums playing.. i ended up battered and bruised red faced and sweating in places i never thought possible.. and the Bums and Tums section was like torture .. :help_up_2

After nearly fainting from the heat i crawled upstairs to get the fan and put on my unflattering swimming costume (i was really hot :lala: ) staggering back down stairs my legs felt like jelly. I looked an absolute picture of horror with my hair sticking to me face with sweat and michael chose the worst time to pop home and suprise me.. i stood there wanting the ground to swallow me whole whilst mumbling to myself ~ Michaels face was a picture i think he wondered where Nicola had gone and there was this loony in his living room.

Well I woke up this morning and i felt like i had been in a boxing match ..i can barely move ~ looks like Harvey is gonna have to do without the 3 miles today ..poor baby ..

Im gonna stick with it though.. I think .. :uuuh_2d_s

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Am with you babe... Take Harvey for his 3 miles today, you'll probably feel better at the end of it... Keep those muscles loose and all... I decided last week or so to start running again... My times have been great but I'm about 40lbs heavier now than I was when I last ran... My legs and butt are screaming every single day to the point that I've decided to only run 3 days a week rather than 6 but I've kept with walking Chi and killing myself on the stairmaster and eliptical trainer and just today was able to walk without a limp :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
ooo yes teh losin weight.......ive been sayin im gonna do it for over a year and have yet to start lol i think ill find a good gym n become a member n go at least 4 times a week. I have a bad back so even doin housework kills me :( BUt i have been goin to the Chiropractor and man does he work wonders!!!! i want my body back i had when i got married in 95 LOL Not this one i have after havin 5 kids :( lol

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Good for the both of you! I have the slim in 6 series of dvd's. The first workout I believe is 45 minutes with the warm up and cool down. It worked great for me. My only problem was making sure I was doing everything correctly. I also get Gracie jumping all over me while I try and work out. So I haven't done it in a few weeks. I am going to be calling the gym we have up the road and I am going to sign my hubby and me up. I went to the gym for 2 years, so I know atleast my heart is in shape, everything else... Well we just wont go there. :D

Also you want to keep moving. If you don't do anything today your muscles are going to hurt tomorrow. Just don't over work your self. We don't want you to pull anything. You know? Just keep it light today. Instead of doing the full hour of the dvd only do 15 or 20 minutes of it.

·
Pack Leader
1,551 Posts
Hehehe, u gals are funny. :) Great story..lol

With football season upon us I am getting quite the workout myself, after about 6 12oz curls my arm gets kinda sore so I have to use my other arm to change the channels on the remote. Terrible isnt it? :D

TD

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
TakirasDad said:
Hehehe, u gals are funny. :) Great story..lol

With football season upon us I am getting quite the workout myself, after about 6 12oz curls my arm gets kinda sore so I have to use my other arm to change the channels on the remote. Terrible isnt it? :D

TD
Lol. :tongue23:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Oooooh I can honestly say I know how you feel. I used to jog six miles a day(give or take a mile or two) and while I've been out of it for a while, I'm just trying to get back into shape. I can't run for five minutes now without feeling like my lungs are about to explode and my legs feel like mush afterward. When other joggers are passing me by, making it look so easy I feel like a fool, struggling to make it up a little hill. :eek:

Yep, no pain no gain....

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Dobe_Paws said:
Oooooh I can honestly say I know how you feel. I used to jog six miles a day(give or take a mile or two) and while I've been out of it for a while, I'm just trying to get back into shape. I can't run for five minutes now without feeling like my lungs are about to explode and my legs feel like mush afterward. When other joggers are passing me by, making it look so easy I feel like a fool, struggling to make it up a little hill. :eek:

Yep, no pain no gain....

LOL You know when I see other joggers around I will pick up my pace just until they're out of site... It kills me!

·
Registered
460 Posts
TracyJo said:
LOL You know when I see other joggers around I will pick up my pace just until they're out of site... It kills me!
I reluctantly admit to doing the same. I'm sure they know how out of shape I am by how beat red my face is and how sloppy my form is. It's enough to make a girl want to run at night when no one can see her. :supergrin

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Hummm, running..... Nope not real familiar with that form of exercise!! How about making 25 trips a day up and down the stairs doing laundry for a family of four, seems more like a family of fourteen though the way these dirtballs go through clothes!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
*sigh* laundry tell me about it ..michaels a farmer and i always get a nice oily mud encrusted heap on clothes at the end of the day which are usually left in a festering heap on the lovely beige carpet :mad: They say housework is great exercise ..its a shame it couldnt be fun aswell lol

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Oh to be young again like all of you... Remember I am the OLD lady here.. I really need to lose weight too.. but first the bad back to repair.. and then the weight.. Well I did get something for my birthday though that I told my doctor that they had till next spring to fix me.. We got a bike built for 2!! I am so excited.. I have wanted one for 20 years.. got a great price too!!! if I can start riding it with the hubby next spring and then I am looking for the attachment that you can put the dog on it so they can run along.. Yeee Haww!!! I will be in hog heaven.. wouldn't we be a sight.. Hubby on the front,, me on the back and 4 dobermand running along the sides.. LOL..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts