Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Friday, this dog showed up and hasn't left! Her name is Lana and no one is looking for her! She's was bleeding in her butt were she was chewing so I put a bit of frontline on her and we have her on a list for the Humane Society and will be keeping her until then. The Humane Society is really good because they rarely have a lot dogs and she won't get put to sleep. Right now she's in the Laundry Room drying because I gave her a bath, lol it took three people to bath her and she's so small!
Anyways onto pics...
These are really bad as my camera is slow and all she wanted was to be petted!

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'll need to call my x-room mate to see where the dog went. His dog did look alot like that she was a border collie lab mix and she always wants to petted. I'm in texas and so are they so that might not be her.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I was thinking she looks familiar and I'm in ohio:haha: I think she is probally just one of those bc mixes we see so much. she is a cutie!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Well even what she said about her personality fits. The dog was given to a friend of my x-room mate and I don't know where that is I just know that this person had alot of space.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good news, she's getting along with Maggie. It's shocking because she keeps barking and growling at all the dogs. I think Maggie has a way with her fosters though :p

It would be weird if Lana was your friend's dog, but it would be really cool too!

Lana is getting lots and lots of kisses and hugs!:3dbiggrin

·
Registered
416 Posts
I've been trying to find them because there cell phones are no more. Did she have a name tag on or did ya'll just give her the name lana.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
umm she had a blue collar and someone down the street told us her name was Lana, but no one knew who the owners were... I'm thinking they just made up the name for her and then she came to us.

Lana really doesn't get along with other dogs. I thought she did but when I took her and Maggie out together all she did was growl and try to dominate Maggie! I would like to note that Maggie is twice her size but very submissive!

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
des she need a home? she looks so much like mya, that its eerie..

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, she needs a home, my mom is taking her to the vet tomorrow. Most likely we'll be getting her spayed ourselves if she doesn't go to the Humane Society.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
dobergurl -- i dont need another dog, but im still drawn to her - she looks JUST like mya.

how is she around other animals? housebroken? whats her temperament like? whats her toy drive, how is her appetite? has she been around cats? is she very dominant?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
she barks at the other dogs, she wants to be the dominant one. She is housebroken, she's extremely sweet with people and kids, she doesn't really know what toys are, we don't think her owners ever gave her any, she's a picky eater but does good with food, she's better around cats than dogs, she's dominant with dogs not people. She's about 5 years old.

edit: I'm sure with training she'll get along with the cats and dogs. For the cats she just wants to play with them..

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
hmm...any more pics? how old do you estimate she is? and has she seen the vet yet/been spayed?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok I just want to note that now I'm confused, first I thought she hated other dogs, then I thought well maybe she's just a dominant girl, well now I had her running around the house and my mom brought the other dogs in(she didn't know Lana was loose) and all the dogs immediately started playing with each their wasn't even an introduction! :p But I guess this is very good, maybe Lana just needed time to get to know everyone... But I'll take some more pics now and she hasn't gone to the vet yet, she was supposed to but my mom had to cancel. We WILL take her though and we WILL get her spayed. My mom said anywhere from 3 to 5 years old. She's defenitly a hyper little girl. She doesn't run away and listens really good, she isn't trained but she has manners, well need to work on her jumping on people but she only does it when she's really excited!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts