Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Wait... these dogs were bred on PURPOSE? $465 to adopt one.... with no vaccinations.

Just wow.
No, these puppies were NOT bred on purpose... you did not read the whole website, which I thought was OUTSTANDING. For all of this to have been put together for the placement of an "oops" litter seriously blew me away.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Ah yes I reread it. I see what you mean. I still think it's a lot of money to ask for a mixed breed pup no matter what food they were raised on.
Was going to respond with something flippant about it being Canadian dollars, but then I remembered what some of the Canadian members of RAW-lite have quoted as the prices they pay for even cheap chicken (over $2.00/lb.!)... she could easily be spending $20 - $30 or even more per day to feed them! I actually suspect that what the person with this litter is trying to do is to select her puppy buyers. I might do the same.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Was going to respond with something flippant about it being Canadian dollars, but then I remembered what some of the Canadian members of RAW-lite have quoted as the prices they pay for even cheap chicken (over $2.00/lb.!)... she could easily be spending $20 - $30 or even more per day to feed them! I actually suspect that what the person with this litter is trying to do is to select her puppy buyers. I might do the same.
I see your point, however, if I was the owner of one or more of these dogs and irresponsibly allowed them to breed I would donate ask that people donate that money to local rescues. If they want to feed raw (which I totally applaud) that's their choice but I think the proceeds should go to getting the bitch spayed and to a rescue. Just my .02.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts