Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

If you live near Visalia, CA 93291 I would love some help. I think I have been doing ok, but I cannot find Jonas Tape and my little girls ears seem to be getting sore. I change the posts every 3 days, tampons work best, I cannot get the backer rod to stay in. I also use the caldesene powder on the base of the tampons and on the outside/hair side of her ears. Anyway if anyone is close I would love another person to take a look. I have only had schnauzers and their ears are easy!

Thanks Carol & Nikki

·
Little girl, big trouble
88 Posts
Aw, I wish I was back at home, I'm originally from Fresno! I would have loved to help you out. We currently live in WA but might be visiting home in July or August. If you are still in need of help during that time private message me and I would be glad to help! Also, you can find Zonas tape at Walmart. Just makes sure it's not the waterproof kind. If the backer rod keeps popping out make sure it's the right thickness, if it's too tiny it'll just keep popping right out. Also, when you are putting it in the ear, pull the entire ear up and twist the rod a little and get it down pretty far (obviously don't apply so much pressure that it hurts her). It can go deeper than you would think without hurting them. The caldesene powder works great too, glad you have that.:)

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
I had to buy Jonas tape online and it's been 7 years since I posted. I think I got it from Amazon. Try contacting any local dobe clubs.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had to buy Jonas tape online and it's been 7 years since I posted. I think I got it from Amazon. Try contacting any local dobe clubs.

I had to go online too for the Johnson & Johnson Zonas tape. I've posted 2 Dobermans in the past 4 years and I've never found this tape in the stores. You may have to order it by the case though, as I had to. Did not see any single rolls for sale online.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts