Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on a coloring book for my breed, but there will be other dog friends included. I would like to do one of a Rattie and Doberman play-bowing each other.

If I could get some nice Doberman play-bow inspiration for my drawing, that would really be great. Thanks in advance!! :)

Reactions: Sherryh

·
joie de vivre
11,277 Posts
Not a great angle but I think this is the only play bow picture I have. However, if you want bitey, snarky, bitchy faces - I've got you covered! :D

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Do you want play bowing of Dobies alone or Dobes and Rotties together?

Reactions: Sherryh and WmRatz

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you want play bowing of Dobies alone or Dobes and Rotties together?

I just need a dobe model by him/herself in play bow... doesn't matter what the background is, I just need a clear photo to draw inspiration from. :)

Here's a sample page from the Rat Terrier Coloring book I'm working on (so you know my request is legit)

I wanted to throw a Dobe or two in there A) Because I'll have one someday, and B) because I know of at least half a dozen people who have both breeds, but I haven't had any luck with any of them having good clear pics of their Dobes in a play bow, and I kinda have a picture in my head what I want the final drawing to look like.

I wonder if it's just that, they don't stay bowed long before they spring into action? If so, I can relate. ;)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a couple, but they are not the greatest quality. Thor is the king of play bows, I'm surprised I don't have more.
These are great!! Thor is a handsome dude, and it's cool to see him playing w/ the little dogs. (kinda off topic)Where did you get him? I'm looking for breeders whose dogs have proven to be good companions alongside small to medium dogs. :)

Reactions: Sherryh

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Thanks!! I got him from Pennylane here in Las Vegas.
He's actually scared of my friends male poodle, Duracell is chewing Thor's bone that he stole in the picture, lol. Thor is really good with dogs of all sizes. He is very respectful of him, and since they are 2 males, I encourage it. :)

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I love your pictures, so pretty and clear!!
That sounds like Thor when he's trying to get someone to play. Play bow, spin, whine, play bow, bark, series of bouncing play bows, spin, then attack!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts