Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helppp!!! I have a 8 month old male dobie named odin, we love our dog and the 2 other dogs but Odin is driving me insane. Nothing has changed in our home but he whines about everything. I have read different things about dobies whining and they say they are vocal that some bark and others whine, unfortunatley we live in a duplex so we have neighbours and we dont want them complaining, our walls are paper thin. I would like any advice or solutions to my problem, I want to enjoy my dog. Thank you in advance.

Odins Mom

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
not sure.......................what does Odin's breeder suggest?

is he getting lots of outdoor time, lots of exercise?

has he always whined?

maybe post a thread in the OB section and someone can help you with this issue...........

Hugz to Odin!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Our puppy whines at us when shes bored or has too much pent up energy. To keep the 'whineies', as well call them, away I make sure to take her on walks daily as well as lots of short training sessions throughout the day for mental stimulation.

So, I agree with S&MM :)

Reactions: Darkevs

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Diesel is a whiner when he's bored or he's really tired. We live in an apartment but everyone has dogs that bark and carry on so no one really minds so much here anymore. I'd start giving him some more excersise and mental stimulation then he won't have a reason to cry but dobermans are known for making noise. Diesel cries when I go to the bathroom cause he's not near me. It's just what they do.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Tired dogs a quiet dog :]
Agree with all above.. Probably needs more stimulation.
Also, make sure your not rewarding him unintentionally
Meaning if he whines, do not give him attention
he'll soon learn whining wont get him anywhere.
Maybe even reward him randomly when his quiet and calm...
Start training for a quiet command..
:]

·
Registered
401 Posts
Adding: could even try kikopup on youtube..
Her videos are awesome, not sure if she does one about whining
But she does ones for pay attention etc..

·
Registered
144 Posts
Helppp!!! I have a 8 month old male dobie named odin, we love our dog and the 2 other dogs but Odin is driving me insane. Nothing has changed in our home but he whines about everything. I have read different things about dobies whining and they say they are vocal that some bark and others whine, unfortunatley we live in a duplex so we have neighbours and we dont want them complaining, our walls are paper thin. I would like any advice or solutions to my problem, I want to enjoy my dog. Thank you in advance.

Odins Mom
If the whining has increased out of the norm, he could possibly be in pain. You may want to have him checked out by your vet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts