1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
323 Posts
No, speaking as a man that would not be very nice. Try a little harder and a different approach and I am sure you can convince him.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Gracie's_Mom said:
I would love to get another dobe. Hubby on the other hand doesn't think it's a good idea. So take a look at this little guy and read his bio and tell me what you think. Also I need a way to talk hubby into it. All the "normal" things have failed.

Here is the very beautiful dobes pictures and bio... http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?ac...f34-app2&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat=
say he already has some training and show him that adorable face and tell him if he doesnt let u get it, he wont get laid for 5 months :tongue23:

·
Registered
281 Posts
he is gorgeous and he seems lovely reading his Bio ..looks like a great little guy and sounds perfect..i know with Michael he is quite stubborn once he has made his mind up ...maybe you could arrange to go and see him.Once they meet he could be begging you to take him home. Maybe take along gracie aswell and once he sees his girl having the time of her life playing with him his heart would be melted :D

whats your hubbys reasons for saying No? (if its not a too personal question) :)

·
Registered
416 Posts
He sounds perfect for you. I know when I got trinity my room mates went with me and we didn't say anything to my mother. Then my mother got home and me my 2 room mates and one of my freinds were sitting in the living room with her in our laps. My mother knew something was up so she came over looked over my room mates shoulder and there was trinity. She was so mad with us but of course it only took her less then 2 minutes to warm up to her. LOL she sat down and said " how dare you bring a dog into this house with out my knowledge now give her here so I can play with her". LOL She was in love the moment she saw here. I have also done this with 2 cats. LOL

If you did go ahead and get him while your hubby was out I pretty sure he would probably warm up to him the moment he saw him. LOL My mother was the same way she kept saying no dogs no dogs and dog comes into the house and she pretends she never said that. LOL

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
HEEHH! Now who's watching Petfinder! Now I can't count on you to talk me out of the dogs I find anymore! Thanks alot!

I love the guy! He's too darn cute! Why don't you just arrange to go see him, tell your husband all you guys are doing is looking? Well, I suppose that's too obvious even for a man though..... What are his reasons as to why he says no? I mean, HE thinks you don't have enough room for two dogs right? Anything else?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have learned it is easier to ask for forgivness and get than it is to ask for permission and get....... that being said......JUST GO GET HIM :D ;)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Krys said:
I have learned it is easier to ask for forgivness and get than it is to ask for permission
lmao :D sooo true sounds like you said that from experience... a few flutters of the eyelashes and a couple of tears never hurt no-one lol

·
Registered
111 Posts
Twinkletoes said:
lmao :D sooo true sounds like you said that from experience... a few flutters of the eyelashes and a couple of tears never hurt no-one lol

BINGO, you are correct:3dbiggrin

·
Registered
45 Posts
With my husband, he grew up with Dobes and loved them. However, every time the subject came up he would say he didn't want one. I decided for his birthday, he was getting one like it or not. Well, he loved him from day one and never regretted that I got him. So the point is...if you ask first, he will say no, so go ahead and get the dog, and once he sees the dog, I'm sure everything will be alright.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Gracie's_Mom said:
I would love to get another dobe. Hubby on the other hand doesn't think it's a good idea. So take a look at this little guy and read his bio and tell me what you think. Also I need a way to talk hubby into it. All the "normal" things have failed.

Here is the very beautiful dobes pictures and bio... http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?ac...f34-app2&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat=
what a cutie! I say the more the merrier! we have 4 now and I would love to get a red female.. but hubby says wait also.. Well, good luck, you know that a little sweet talking and Hugging( hee Hee) can go a long way.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You could do what I did with my mom and what my friend did with her hubby! We put their pic as the background, printed them and put them all over the house, every chance you get, get him to the comp. and show him his pic, and keep talking about him! I hope it works, didn't for us but I don't think we tried hard enough :p

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Dobermans absolutley adore other Dobermans usually, they get a long with all breeds pretty much but they especially love their own kind! He sounds like a wonderful boy and is very handsome! I hope you'll be able to convince yur husband somehow....

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think we are going to have to put getting a new family member on hold for a while. I have a few medical things that just kinda popped up and need to be taken care of before we add to our family.

I thought I was going to get a beagle, but then again, medical issues. I have to put my health first before getting another furkid. :(

·
Registered
460 Posts
I thought I was going to get a beagle, but then again, medical issues. I have to put my health first before getting another furkid.
Katie, I hope you're okay! Ava and I are sendling lots of hugs and get well wishes your way. *hugs*

1 - 20 of 21 Posts