Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to make a bed for Torque. I used an old king sized pillow that I had for the stuffing, but had to pull the cotton apart to make it fluffy. My hands started to hurt, and that was when I remembered how much Torque loves to pull the stuffing out of plush toys. So I had him help rip the cotton apart. (All supervised, he didn't eat any of it) He loved it! He would pull pieces off and then throw them to the side.

Most of the pictures are kinda fuzzy and fairly dark. Apparently my apartment has really bad lighting because I was using a flash on my camera, though the batteries were almost dead, so I guess that could by why?

All done! He loves it!

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Haha nice pics.
Good luck with your next stuffed piece of furniture because you reinforced its okay to do it.
But seriously, you really couldn't get mad with him.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Great idea, now all we need is to teach our Dobes to help us with the weeks shopping the cleaning, the car washing and ..... the list could go on.

Pics are not too dark by the way, we could see his handiwork fine. :)
If I could teach Diesel to do the laundry I would be thrilled haha

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know right?! I would love it if Torque would help clean. Teach him to take the trash out with out tearing into it! That would be a challenge. haha

And Nubis'sdad~ He's actually really good about not tearing up anything that is not handed to him for that reason. :) But I might have to keep an eye on him with this bed. He likes to "fluff" his bed if its not exactly how he likes it. He paws at it and bites it and pulls at it to get the fluff just right. Silly kid...

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
I know right?! I would love it if Torque would help clean. Teach him to take the trash out with out tearing into it! That would be a challenge. haha

And Nubis'sdad~ He's actually really good about not tearing up anything that is not handed to him for that reason. :) But I might have to keep an eye on him with this bed. He likes to "fluff" his bed if its not exactly how he likes it. He paws at it and bites it and pulls at it to get the fluff just right. Silly kid...
I hearya. Nubis's day bed is retired now, temporarily. I allowed the playing with it and once he accidently ripped it open, he dove in, like it was a crackerjack box.
Clearly it was our mistake. He couldn't disquinush between that and our couch pillows and then Nubis'sMom, laughed harder when he was a puppy trashing his bed like a Gumby. I'm like, its not a good thing, she said. Ahhh his just a puppy . LOL. However, she is doing a great job fixing him with the pillows, cuz Nubis hates mom getting mad. He thinks im his buddy, cuz we walk, train, play with bones, but he listens to mom, go figure. I've had to retrain myself again.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You should start a business with him - Dragon Free Dog Beds! hahahaha
Haha! Perfect! Would this qualify him as a dragon slayer? It was a "guided slaying."

Eventually, he stopped ripping it up so I went back to tearing it apart and then he decided he wanted to help again. So I would hold the cotton and he would rip it out of my hands. I, of course, was laughing the hole time this was going on.

·
joie de vivre
11,276 Posts
LOL! Cute pictures! What a good boy. :)

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
What a good helper Torque is!

Nice bed.

If I could teach Diesel to do the laundry I would be thrilled haha
Elka has both a "find it" and a "bring it here" cue. One day, to prove a point, I stood in the kitchen and called Elka (the fiance was at his computer). I said "Elka, where are [fiance's] socks? Can you find them? Bring it here!" One at a time, she brought me 8 socks. I kept sending her back "out" for more. I think he thought I was joking at first, and then said "wait, is she really finding socks?" I said "yes dear, right where you left them."

We don't have stray socks on the 1st floor anymore :roflmao:

The machine, though, that might as well be a monster, so I have to be happy with the gathering stage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts