Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we carved the statue from plaster and made a mold so we can cast 8 large Doberman statues of concrete for our property border, these statues are made from concrete and stained like our dog Askhim, we love our big boy, the mold we made was from latex with a fiberglass shell, so it might hold the large weight that the concrete is, to keep the shape perfectly. we stained some black and Tan and the others in Red, this took us 5 weeks to make the mold at 30 inches tall.

Attachments

·
Dobermom
476 Posts
Welcome. Wow, it's great you have this talent! I have looked locally for a statue for our front stoup but couldn't find one. I am crafty but I could not do what you did.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Welcome to DT. Wow, this is awesome! You have talent. Never know, could be a new business. Yes, please make sure we see the finished product. :)

·
Super Moderator
21,744 Posts
Very cool!

·
Banned
948 Posts
we carved the statue from plaster and made a mold so we can cast 8 large Doberman statues of concrete for our property border, these statues are made from concrete and stained like our dog Askhim, we love our big boy, the mold we made was from latex with a fiberglass shell, so it might hold the large weight that the concrete is, to keep the shape perfectly. we stained some black and Tan and the others in Red, this took us 5 weeks to make the mold at 30 inches tall.
Oh, I'd love to purchase one in Black/Red!

But I guess the "shipping costs" are not included.-?- :roflmao:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Wow, that is so awesome and especially a line of them down your driveway?

When will you start taking orders as I am sure all of us on this site would keep you busy until 2030!

Do you think you could make a silicone form to sell and then we could make our own....

Welcome to the club! Please send pics of your dogs.:D

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,929 Posts
This thread is almost 2 years old--don't even know if the OP is still around on this forum.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts