Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello I'm Red Dobie. My family and I just went on vactaion and Allie stayed with my mom. She did great. Then we had to make an emergery weekend trip. Allie didn't want to really eat. Do you think she was just home sick or something else? Allie is almost never alone. She has her space to be alone, but someone is always home to play and love on her. Do I spoil her to much. I mean everytime I go to the store I buy her something. A new toy or a new kind of treat.

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Well, you came to the right place, because I think it safe to say, we do too....Spoil them too much....sounds like you are a dobieslave already....Welcome.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Well said Kratty lol. I don't know about everyone else, but mine hate when I leave. Harmny is not as bad, but Asher acts like 4 hours has been 4 weeks. If I leave for the night, I don't kennel him. I leave him with family so it is familliar. He always starves himself and whines at the door until I come back. So I just don't go anywhere I can't bring them :) lol.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
We went on a trip that I could not take the Dobes. My grown daughter came over and house sat and kept the pups and the first night Da'Kari kept waking my daughter up whining at her and then she would flop down on the bed real hard and moan. By the second night she was a little better but she was sooo excited when we got home. I brought them new toys, so I guess I set a pattern there LOL.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Red Dobie said:
Allie is almost never alone. She has her space to be alone, but someone is always home to play and love on her.
That's not really a good thing.

Dogs need to learn they can be left alone and it's no big deal..to me, this is an integral part of raising a mentally healthy, well adjusted animal. There's a big difference between bonding with you and NEEDING you to feel secure..never leaving a dog alone goes a long way towards creating separation anxiety.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts