Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's our county fair this week and I thought it would be the perfect time for some socialization for my boy so I took him in to town for the afternoon. He did great, loved everybody and everything, he even snatched a nap in the lap of a little girl while we watched the sheep being shown :) I was so proud of him today, he was the perfect example of what sweet dogs they really are! Anyway, I had quite a few people asking questions about him but the best one of all was......."Is that the mean kind of Doberman or the nice kind? You know there is 2 different kinds don't you?"
Have any of you ever heard that one before??? I think it is right up there with the one about their brain getting too big for their heads, people have such funny ideas......or maybe I'm the one that's confused, maybe there is a "nice" breed of Dobe and a "mean" breed of Dobe, RLOL!! Someone please correct me if I'm confused!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
LOL didn't you know that the "mean" ones are the ones with the cropped ears? Which means that you have the "good" one cause your's has the natural ears!!!

:3dbiggrin

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I always thought that the nice came from the ears and the tails, and when you crop and dock you are cutting out all the niceness. not true??!?!?!?! ;)

cc

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
lol or when you tell people "don't worry she's really nice!" they say "yeah right" or "nice until she decides she doesnt want to be"

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
The cartoon bubble above my head would have read "No there are only two kinds of owners - the responsible kind and the mean, ignorant kind". I find that the smaller dogs at the dog park create some of the worst problems because their owners let them get away with murder (small, cute & fluffy) and when they charge a bigger dog and the bigger dog turns on them the same way they would a charging Rottie, the owners scream 'Foul'. It's all in the training....Tie up a toy poodle to a chain and make no attempt to socialize it and see what kind of dog you end up with...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts