Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
of having a weekly or bi monthly discussion on specifc topics about our precious one's. There are alot of things we all do, but they probably vary on the details that we can discuss to see how each of us are doing them. For example, We all feed them, what kind of kibble do you use and why, Do you feed raw or home cooking, Do you use supplements, feeding schedule, how much do you feed. How did you hear about this?

We can have a Main topic and additional sub topics. If we have a place we can keep these, we can use this as a basis as an educational forum. We have alot of members with experience and newbies (like me), that everyone can benefit from. I know there is no one way to do thing, but by collaberating, we all can learn.

If this sounds like a good idea, please submit you ideas of what topics you would like to discuss and I can complie them and then we can figure out how we will implement them. I have participated in this with other forums and I found them very educational. What do you think??????

·
Registered
101 Posts
I like the idea! Alot of questions get asked repeatedly by different people, if you had the answers (what kind of food people use, etc) where people could find them then you would cut down on the repeat questions and people would learn alot more by having the info easily accessable. I vote for the dog food discussion and one on dog collars as well.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'd also like to know who trains using food as a positive reinforcement vs praise as the only reward vs jerking a choke collar to train.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
2dobies said:
I'd also like to know who trains using food as a positive reinforcement vs praise as the only reward vs jerking a choke collar to train.

:) -I did a thread on this exact thing but it was back in the start of this forum!

Hey good idea, lets get going on it okay everyone! We can even set some of the threads up as polls, to make it more readable about the majority of what is used...etc.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
i like it :)

·
Pack Leader
1,551 Posts
Sounds good to me also.

If you guys think we need a seperate section for this let me know. I could create a sub forum for Monthly discussion topics if you think that would work. Then we could set up topic discussion for like 5-6 months in advance so everyone will know what the topic will be in advance of it coming up for discussion.

TD

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think we can use a section like that. I have compiled a good list of topics and sub topics so far, but not have put them in any specific format yet.....

·
Pack Leader
1,551 Posts
Kratty said:
I think we can use a section like that. I have compiled a good list of topics and sub topics so far, but not have put them in any specific format yet.....
Kratty would you be opposed to volunteering your time to manage this section? If you would be willing to keep track of the topics and manage the posts than I think this could work out nicely.

TD

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
greenkouki said:
I think knowing about the topic before hand is a great idea, we can determine our views about the subject and research and actually post some valid links and interesting information perhaps :)

Good idea!:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts