Discussion Starter #1
I want to adopt a 10 mouth old female Doberman
But I have a 5 year old boy and 19 months old little girl
I'm afraid that the dog won't like my kids
Any help on what should I do??

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
What do you know about the history of this dog? Is a doberman specifically what you are after?

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
I think with 19months old baby you already have your hands full.
If well integrated in the family the dobe will love your family, as they do, but they do need a lot of work and especially attention and at the beginning for her to be confortable in your home 24/7, are you ready for that? Personally I would wait until your youngster was a little older.

·
Premium Member
7,375 Posts
Has the dog been around children? Have you owned Dobermans before, or any dogs? What's your experience raising puppies ?

Hard to form an opinion on line with vague information . Dobermans are energetic puppies who need training, exercise and socialization . They are wonderful dogs but need a committed owner to raise them to be so , just like kids.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't noW nothing about the dog I'm going today to see her for the first time
Back home (Portugal) I had a pitbull before he died 7 years ago at the time I was in school and I had a lot of time for him but now I work
For the next 2 months I'm home I can give her lot of attention after that I'm going back to work
I was looking for a puppy to grow up with my kids
I don't now to much about raisin a dobe
I just don't now if she's going to get along with my kids

·
Registered
99 Posts
A rehome (or rescue) with an unknown background is a lot of work. Add kids to that equation and it's ........not sure what word would fit best there.;)

My husband and I, are on duty all the time. We have two kids under the age of 3 years and two rescues; a now 6 year old and the other 8 year old. Got our first 2 months before my first child (and he's a bit reactive) and our second this past summer. It's a lot of work.

My husband says that after these two pass, we'll only getting gold fish from then on!! yeah right!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yesterday I decided to pass.
This morning a couple without kids adopt her
Thanks every one for share ur opinion with me...
Helped me a lot
Now I'm going to wait and next year I I'll get a newborn puppy
for my daughters birthday
Thanks again

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Yesterday I decided to pass.
This morning a couple without kids adopt her
Thanks every one for share ur opinion with me...
Helped me a lot
Now I'm going to wait and next year I I'll get a newborn puppy
for my daughters birthday
Thanks again
waiting was very wise, but i think you're still going to have your hands full with such a young child and a doberman puppy. wait another couple of years.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts