Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the wake of the recent camera forgetting incidents - I made sure to bring the camera to the field this morning for our frisbee session. These pictures are not nearly as good as Kratty's but I don't think any of us can get action shots like he can :) I did manage to get a couple decent pics of the girl standing up:)

This next one, you can see pretty well how I made the long leash. The red part next to the buckle is a bungee cord that I kind of braided to act as a shock absorber - it works very well. I have knots tied throughout the length in case I have to step on it to slow her down or stop her, they keep the rope from just sliding under my shoe. I also braided the handle to help prevent rope burn.

The catch wasn't high and is blurry but I'm still trying to get coordinated enough to throw the frisbee, get the camera and shoot the pic before she gets back to me :)

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
That is one happy dobe!!!! Really nice pics. :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
great pix :):dancing_b I bought one of the trainin leashes for Lucy might get another one that way she'll have 40 ft to run on. no doggy pakrs here and unless i take her to thje tennis courts no off leash runs for her. :(

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TracyInVa said:
great pix :):dancing_b I bought one of the trainin leashes for Lucy might get another one that way she'll have 40 ft to run on. no doggy pakrs here and unless i take her to thje tennis courts no off leash runs for her. :(

There are few places here that I can safely take Chi for off lead runs. I hated having that HUGE field right next door and being unable to use it. That's why I made the obnoxiously long (almost 100ft) lead :)

One benefit to sticking with the Girl Scouts next year (I've sworn that I will never do it again since cookie sales) is that the GS hut has a huge fenced back yard that I have access to. It's only about 1/2 mile from our house so I frequently stop by with Chi when we're out for a walk to let her run around. Now I just have to decide whether or not 9 months of pita parents and council members are worth having access to that yard :)

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Ha! learned your lesson have you,so you should(i know i have):sadcry: camera,camera,camera more pictures for me to use.When Chi comes to live with me we have a big field and woods(with rabbits)right outside the front door.:3dbiggrin

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
aww great pics! we have a long training lead...and one time...yep...I was holding the leash with my bare hand...and oh yes...Duchess takes off...meanwhile im holding this rope while it slides right through my hand!!! OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I learned from my first aid/cpr class that I had gotten an Abrasion lol a wound cause by friction haha. Do be careful with those leashes guys! I wear atleast one leather glove whenever i need to use it. lol also make sure it doesnt get your ankles! lol
Chi is such a beautiful girl! I love how she looks with her harness on :)

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Very cool Tracy! Ingenious with the long lead too, great ideas with the shock absorber and all!

Chi looks very happy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts