Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sniff crotches, and butt cracks. Malika loves to do this. It can get embarrasing when we let her run wild at dog beach. Once, she stuck her snout in a lady's bikini bottom. OOPS!

Any help/advice is appreciated!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Whenever my dogs start their crotch sniffing adventures I distract them with a treat or toy and ask for a behavior, like a sit or down, then give them said treat/toy. Generally that'll interrupt the sniffing that they forget about it and don't try again... I praise 'em for not sniffing and distract them (if toys and treats don't work, a quick clap of the hands usually does it) when they do and ask for a different behavior.

·
Registered
602 Posts
CoAl-s-Mom said:
My advice is to teach her to play dead after she sniffs. :)

LOL!!!hahahaha:sprint:

·
Registered
953 Posts
CoAl-s-Mom said:
My advice is to teach her to play dead after she sniffs. :)
LMAO--Oh that was great!

Bruno hasn't started this yet. Then again it's winter time and we're not around THAT many ppl just yet. But I'm sure like any dog, he will start sooner or later lol.

But I did bring him to the vet and a guy had I think a German Pointer, I'm not sure. But they were checking each other out. Sniffing one another. The guy laughed and said, "Wouldn't that be funny if that's how people introduced themselves?" lmao. Now that would be a site.

Sorry I have no advice. But good luck :) The treat idea sounds like it would work.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Amber is a pest for that we call her the jack because if she does it to a man she put her nose in and lifts,its surprising how many men move on to their tippy toes!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
brumwolf said:
Amber is a pest for that we call her the jack because if she does it to a man she put her nose in and lifts,its surprising how many men move on to their tippy toes!

The visual I get of that is great!:tongue23:

·
4,376 Posts
Not so great for the men:sadcry: (including me!)

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
brumwolf said:
Not so great for the men:sadcry: (including me!)

LOL, call it a sign of affection *as brumwolf scoots on his tip toes across the floor* :haha:

When I'm not paying attention and trying to putting on pants, I get a nice cold snout where the sun doesn't shine and I have one leg in the pants and one out, hopping up and down to get away from her, and trying not to land on my butt! Lexus then in turn thinks to my "OH " surprise reaction, "Oi, Mom is playing, look at her hop, I'll do it again! Wooo-hoo what fun!":dancing_b

·
4,376 Posts
It's so clear she is a true dobe sticking to the rules of the handbook.
Rule 19 (subsection iii) your dobe must be allowed to put their nose in your groin or butt at any time.(if this is inconvenient at the time, then hard luck)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Lexus said:
When I'm not paying attention and trying to putting on pants, I get a nice cold snout where the sun doesn't shine and I have one leg in the pants and one out, hopping up and down to get away from her, and trying not to land on my butt! Lexus then in turn thinks to my "OH " surprise reaction, "Oi, Mom is playing, look at her hop, I'll do it again! Wooo-hoo what fun!":dancing_b
LMAO @ this. Bruno has done this a time or two:lol2:

·
Registered
357 Posts
LOL, Jack isnt that size yet. heh, But When i do sit on the floor .. well that is the first place he puts his head.. im like.. yup im your momma now get your head outta there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts