Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to put the cart before the horse but I've learned it's never really a terrible idea. I was at the beach this weekend and eavesdropped on an interesting conversation that I butted my way into with a man about the M. Vick case, hoping to hear the outcome of the first court hearing. Anyway of course the conversation turns to dogs and BSL where I mentioned that we are doberman owners. Well, his mom breeds them and it sounds as if she is one of the good ones. I did get her information because he thinks she'll be finishing a dog around the time that I'll probably be starting my search. It is in Kentucky, still a little far off from us but closer then Texas where the other breeder I was considering looking into lives. The breeder is Traditions out of Kentucky. Should I go ahead and give her a call or wait? I'm talking a couple years down the line but I'd love more information as to what her time frame is.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I know Sharon (Traditions) well. She won't have a litter herself - all her girls are spay. She might know of a litter out of one of her dogs, though. Both are nice dogs, champions and have had their health testing done.

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Her son said she has a dog that she is still working on finishing. I thought it was a bitch but I could have been wrong. Possibly co-owns? I would be interested either way. I have to admit I'm nervous about a purchase and that is why I want to do as much research as I can. If I do, I want to do it right and my daughters are showing interest in juniors and 4H. I figure if I don't purchase making the right decision I'd rather adopt.

·
Registered
273 Posts
As far as I know, her youngest dog is Ch. Mistel's Mojo Merrimac
http://webpages.charter.net/rlvandiver/champions.htm

She also co-own's Ch. Traditions Red Son (Bubba) and owns his sister and mom
http://dobequest.org/profile.php?DOGID=414 - click on photo button

She may co-own others, I don't know, but Bubba's litter in '01 was the last litter she had.

She's a very nice person, you could certainly call her to see of Bubba or Mojo have a litter coming up somewhere.

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I'll give her a call. I'd at least like to talk to her. Her son was very nice. I still have lots of time but I know how fast time goes by.

·
Premium Member
8,861 Posts
It is small world :)

I'd say you lucked into a good conversation!!

·
Extraordimary
4,979 Posts
You did luck into a good conversation, IMO.

I bred to Sharon's dog, Bubba, earlier this year. (Bubba is the sire of lapdog's Duchess). Unfortunately, my litter didn't take and we'll be trying again next year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts