Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I honestly don't get the epad look barely ever, all I usually get is the "your crazy, now give me a cookie or I'm leaving" or "I have to/ you want me to: do what now? haha! NO!"

But someone rolled in some stinky odor and needed a bath.....Ahh spring :rolleyesww:

Lmao the phone on my camera makes her nose look so weird and long!

·
Dances With Dobes
1,202 Posts
I honestly don't get the epad look barely ever, all I usually get is the "your crazy, now give me a cookie or I'm leaving" or "I have to/ you want me to: do what now? haha! NO!"

But someone rolled in some stinky odor and needed a bath.....Ahh spring :rolleyesww:

Lmao the phone on my camera makes her nose look so weird and long!

Whoa....if looks could kill.....

;)

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
heehee, that look speaks volumes for sure!!!

Hugz to Mabel!

little 'puffy' elbow there?
I hadn't noticed but since she's alseep on her back on my lap right now :rolleyesww: I double checked and actually yea, it feels squishy and like it's swollen or has some fluid....Hmm, guess my boss will be looking at her tonight!
Any thoughts on it?

Awwww....poor thing. She only rolled in for you and this is the thanks she gets. :(
For me? Haha! nah she rolled in what was probly bunny or possum poo for herself!! she loves that particular perfume....

Reactions: Darkevs

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is awesome. She may even be cursing at you haha
Oh no! With the things I say, god only knows what colorful words she's picked up.....

Reactions: kwhite30

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
about the swollen elbow......do a search here on DT.

It has been discussed a few times.

many different views on why and what to do.

:)

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
about the swollen elbow......do a search here on DT.

It has been discussed a few times.

many different views on why and what to do.

:)
Will do :), right now I'm thinking it might have something to do with our training last night, she was doing 26" jumps for the first time and usually only does 22" or 24". Or a growth thing since she's only 22 months. At very least it's not bothering her, so i'm doubtful it's a big problem.

·
Dances With Dobes
1,202 Posts
I hadn't noticed but since she's alseep on her back on my lap right now :rolleyesww: I double checked and actually yea, it feels squishy and like it's swollen or has some fluid....Hmm, guess my boss will be looking at her tonight!
Any thoughts on it?

For me? Haha! nah she rolled in what was probly bunny or possum poo for herself!! she loves that particular perfume....
Probably a hygroma.

What’s This Hole in My Dog’s Elbow? VirtuaVet

They sell things to help it resorb and not reappear:

Treatment For Dog's Hygroma: DogLeggs Theraputic & Rehabilitative Products

Odin just dodged one.

His started to fill with serous fluid and we've been draining it and had him on antibiotics for 10 days to avoid bone infection.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Probably a hygroma.

What’s This Hole in My Dog’s Elbow? VirtuaVet

They sell things to help it resorb and not reappear:

Treatment For Dog's Hygroma: DogLeggs Theraputic & Rehabilitative Products

Odin just dodged one.

His started to fill with serous fluid and we've been draining it and had him on antibiotics for 10 days to avoid bone infection.

Oh boy, I hope that's not it! And while i'm sure it's not the only reason, the one article mentions not laying on hard surfaces as thats a cause.....she's a dobe, the only surfaces she lays on are me and the couch or pillows lol.

I suppose my odds are slim it's anything growth related given her age?

T-minus an hour till I can show my boss. Fingers crossed! :(

·
Registered
907 Posts
I hope not puppy Bursitis! It's not painful when you touch it, right? If not, most likely hygroma.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Consensus is Hygroma, that has probably been there at least a week or 2, Probably caused by a trauma.....who her? traumatize her joints? Gee let me see if I can think of the ways! Excessive jumping like a kangaroo on front or back legs/ like a frog/straight up on all fours....landing hard after a jump, spinning into a door/doorframe and knocking it......hurling herself at the ground for a down......Yea I don't see how she did this at alllllll. :rolleyesww:

Her dad and several others since she has had dobes have done it before for many of the same reasons, she messed with one once and it was a disaster so unless it starts bothering her or becomes infected it's just stopping some of the jumping that is avoidable, the occasional cold compress, and daily lasering (low level not surgical) for inflammation and what ever else she can dig up in the formula book.

I feel bad I didn't notice it, but then again she's never "standing" still when I'm staring at her beauty ;), laying, or sitting yes. Oh well at least it isn't something worse and she already lays on soft surfaces to cushion herself and it.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Darkevs
I saw you had recommended a witch hazel compress in another thread?
Any more information on that? What I would need, how to make it? Since it's an herb I know that won't be to much of a bother to her or it like a surgery or expensive brace, and thought it might be worth a try.

:rolleyesww: Le sigh, here I am talking about how she may have gotten this as she proceeds to chase her nonexistent tail and bash into the door to the play room from reception, thankfully with her butt, but yea....some times coordination/brains are just not there!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts