Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally i got a puppy i got a puppy i got a puppy well as you can tell im more then happy she is red and her name is Holly:dancing_b :3dbiggrin i'l post pictures soon they wont be good quality but i'l do with what i have

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Holly is 10 Weeks I got Her From one of my Friends She knew how bad I wanted one I was asleep she put the Dog ontop of Me and She started licking My Face and I was freaking out. lol She got Her from Aruff Dobermans I think in minnesota I was Pretty Speechless I totally wasnt expecting this.

·
Registered
133 Posts
awww, a red dobie! i had a hard time deciding between red and black...i still want a red one (someday), they're so pretty. i can imagine how excited you must be...being woken up by a dobie in your face is a great way to start your day :) (i wake up with a big dobie-nose in mine every morning). congrats!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Awwwwwww bet your over the moon. I know i cant wait to pick my dobe puppy up in January. Hes a brown (red) as well. i'm really excited too but keep trying to think of names for him that i like (i like unusual names) lol:cool2:

put some pics up pllllllleaseeeeeee:3dbiggrin

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I took a Few pictures they're in the Puppy Gallery note that I only have a Webcam to work with...lol I'll try to get someone to click the Mouse why i hold her for a whole Body pic soon.

·
Extraordimary
4,924 Posts
crxman321 said:
Holly is 10 Weeks I got Her From one of my Friends She knew how bad I wanted one I was asleep she put the Dog ontop of Me and She started licking My Face and I was freaking out. lol She got Her from Aruff Dobermans I think in minnesota I was Pretty Speechless I totally wasnt expecting this.
Yet another puppy mill purchase ...

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
MaryAndDobes said:
Yet another puppy mill purchase ...
Can we please keep the comments constructive? I scanned Aruff's website today and wasn't thrilled with what I saw but I see no sense in making snide or rude comments. What good will it do? I don't think that crxman should be chastised for a gift that he received or that his joy of having a new puppy should be any less because the breeder is questionable.

·
Extraordimary
4,924 Posts
TracyJo said:
Can we please keep the comments constructive? I scanned Aruff's website today and wasn't thrilled with what I saw but I see no sense in making snide or rude comments. What good will it do? I don't think that crxman should be chastised for a gift that he received or that his joy of having a new puppy should be any less because the breeder is questionable.
crxman himself/herself was criticizing other puppy mill websites within the past couple of days.

I realize that the puppy is apparently a gift, but realistically, the person should be aware of what was supported and what they may have to deal with in the long run.

What good will it do? Well, I hope that crxman will do some educating to the person that bought a puppy mill puppy and thrust it on him/her as an unexpected gift, which is also an idiotic thing to do - giving a live gift to someone that is not expecting it when it's something that requires preparation and commitment.

I'm sorry, I can't be joyful when puppy mills are supported. I do way too much rescue work to play nicey-nice when this sort of thing occurs. If someone thrust a puppy mill purchase on me as a gift, I'd be furious. Not joyful.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
All very valid points. And it's fine that you've expressed them.
There is a difference between a single cynical sentence "Yet another puppy mill purchase" and "A purchase like this concerns me because..."
I think it's safe to say that the single most important aspect of this forum is education. That task is impossible when people feel belittled or chastised because - for whatever reason - they've gone against the grain.
Nobody has to be "nicey-nice" or joyful over this pup - or any other for that matter - but everyone does need to be respectful in the manner that they present their opinions.

·
Pack Leader
1,551 Posts
Tracy I agree 100%,

MaryAndDobes, while I will not argue with the points that you have made because they are all valid. But I will say that there is a way to say things in a manner that does not insult the other person. I am not asking you to play nicey-nice either just state the facts and offer advice if you can. I dont think that you intentionally insulted crxman I am just trying to head off a possible problem before it gets started.

I will not even consider arguing your knowledge of the breed because it is obvious you are very knowledgable and have nothing but the best intentions for the Doberman breed in mind. I also enjoy reading your posts because they offer a great deal of experince and wisdom about the Doberman.

The only thing I ask is that instead of criticising crxman or any member for that matter on a situation that they have no control over please just try to offer help if you can.

I do agree that giving a live gift to someone that is not expecting it usually is not a very smart thing to do. But at this point it is done and we should concentrate on helping crxman with his new puppy regardless of where it came from.

He is going to need help with his new puppy, he needs us more now than ever. I want to make sure that anyone that needs help can post on this forum without fear of being insulted or flamed.

I belong to an Email group Doberman list, it has been quiet for the last month or so then last week a new member posted saying they were getting a puppy. I am telling you there must have been 20 posts of just bickering and arguing, personal attacks and nothing to do with the member or his puppy. I will not allow this forum to turn into one of those places.

crxman - Congrats on your new puppy, you have alot of hard work ahead of you. We are here if you need us - with open minds! Enjoy that new puppy :D

TD

·
Extraordimary
4,924 Posts
TakirasDad said:
The only thing I ask is that instead of criticising crxman or any member for that matter on a situation that they have no control over please just try to offer help if you can.
My opinion differs greatly when it comes to what we have control over.

We have control over most things that happen to us. While another party apparently purchased the puppy, crxman now has control over what happens to it and control over what he/she says to the buyer and how he/she deals with the breeder.

I can be a hardass, there's no question. And honestly, if someone did that to me, I'd take the puppy back and I'd tell the breeder "I don't like what you do and I don't have to support it."

I just had a situation, which happens extremely often, where someone called me in a rescue capacity wanting to dump the dog they've had all of 3 months and said there was no way they wanted the dog to go back to *that* (meaning the breeder). They went on to say that they didn't like the way the breeder kept the dogs. I said to this person "So instead of saying to his face while you were there 'I don't like the way you do things and I'm not going to take one of your dogs', instead you handed him money, supported what he does and now complain to me about it?" As long as people keep rolling over and supporting these people, they will stay in business. They will keep doing the things we don't like because apparently no one has a spine to be able to tell them differently. It doesn't do a bit of good to complain to everyone else that you don't like the way a breeder you deal with does business - tell THE BREEDER, don't give them any money and walk away.

Maybe everyone from this board should take a minute to write to the breeder in this case, and advise her we don't like that she sold a puppy as a gift to someone she has no way of knowing is a caring, responsible owner. That's not to say that crxman isn't or won't be, just that the breeder has no idea and sold the puppy anyway.

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Congratulations..........A new dady in the forum...I know you waited for this day for along time.....This is good news....Now you can start using all the advice that has been giving on this site for making your new girl an Ambassador to the breed. Good Luck. I can't wait to hear all about the sleepless nights when crate training, the popping and peeing everywhere and all those puppy things, that I can finally look back on and laugh.....

I see that we also need to respect each other, since this is a happy time in crxman live. We are all here to help, educate and learn about the breed through each others experiences. Let's be aware of this, and learn from it.....We value everyone's opinion, even if they do not agree. That's why I am here...

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Kratty said:
Congratulations..........A new dady in the forum...I know you waited for this day for along time.....This is good news....Now you can start using all the advice that has been giving on this site for making your new girl an Ambassador to the breed. Good Luck. I can't wait to hear all about the sleepless nights when crate training, the popping and peeing everywhere and all those puppy things, that I can finally look back on and laugh.....

I see that we also need to respect each other, since this is a happy time in crxman live. We are all here to help, educate and learn about the breed through each others experiences. Let's be aware of this, and learn from it.....We value everyone's opinion, even if they do not agree. That's why I am here...
I totally agree with you.. Yes I wish that the breeder would have questioned the purchase a little more and got more information but that is over and done with now. Holly has a new and loving home.. A owner that is excited to have her and a forum that has a wealth of information to draw from.. so we are here for you - Crxman and your new baby Holly.. Good luck and keep us inform...:dancing_b

·
Registered
77 Posts
congrats crxman, i too have a pup about the same age, they are lots of work but well worth it...im sure you will love holly no matter where she came from, keep us posted on your dobe we like to hear good stories.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Awwww please don't make this a bashing forum.......it's so nice here compared to all of the other forums where everyone is always arguing......I usually won't even ask any questions or make any comments on other forums because of all of the bashing that goes on. I hope Doberman Talk continues to be a place where people can ask questions and learn and not be intimidated, you'll reach alot more people by being kind.
Just my thoughts........
And congrats on the new puppy:)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts