Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I Art Therefore I Am
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a Holee Roller today and stuffed a rubber tennis ball in it.

I turned my back for 2 minutes to tend to my chili (which is delicious, if you're curious! lol!) and Nike had it shredded!

She had a total blast for the 15 minutes she had it, though. Darn.

·
Registered
235 Posts
lol I have to buy Sadie a new toy just about everytime I come home from work. But the fun she has with the toys while they last is priceless :)

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
rah is currently having a heart attack that a hollee roller was destroyed.

he says thats grounds for doggie jail! NOT THE HOLLEE ROLLER!

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
I wish I knew what brand Jordan's chicken was. So far we've had it for about 3 weeks and it actually still has it's feet. He loves that thing. Anybody have a round, rubber chicken that sqeeks and doesn't fall apart after play time and know the brand of it? Jordan's uncles got it for him at Target.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I'm right there with you. FiFi destroyes everything, even the hardest rubber or firehose fabric. The only things that lasts more than a few days are the hardest chew bones. Frustrating

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I wish I knew what brand Jordan's chicken was. So far we've had it for about 3 weeks and it actually still has it's feet. He loves that thing. Anybody have a round, rubber chicken that sqeeks and doesn't fall apart after play time and know the brand of it? Jordan's uncles got it for him at Target.
I think they're made by the same company that makes the Cuz toys. You can get them wherever they sell Good and Bad Cuz usually.

·
Premium Member
8,731 Posts
I just bought Isabelle a hollee roller today. . . I guess I'll find out if it is still in once piece when I get home.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My boy Roon was a terrible shredder with toys. I found that by buying 1/2 yard of fleece and cutting it into 3 long strips and braiding it - its pretty indestructible Its so thick, soft and stretchy, he sits patiently and waits for me to braid one for him.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bought a Holee Roller today and stuffed a rubber tennis ball in it.

I turned my back for 2 minutes to tend to my chili (which is delicious, if you're curious! lol!) and Nike had it shredded!

She had a total blast for the 15 minutes she had it, though. Darn.
Go to a bowling alley, ask for the rubber ring they put around the base of the pins. They will usually give you one for free but if not slip the guy $5 or $10.

Those rings are made of virtually indestructible rubber / nylon. As they wear down they flake of tiny little bits which are safe for the dog. They are fanstastic for playing tug of war or rolling to play fetch in the park.

My first Dobe had one that lasted her whole life and she was 17 when she passed. =)

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
My boy Roon was a terrible shredder with toys. I found that by buying 1/2 yard of fleece and cutting it into 3 long strips and braiding it - its pretty indestructible Its so thick, soft and stretchy, he sits patiently and waits for me to braid one for him.

I do the same thing! They LOVE them too. I fold the strips in half long ways before I braid them though, it makes them a little stronger. Mine have torn up a few.......but they are really easy and cheap to make. If you just had one dog and not herd that would be tugging on it......it would probably last forever though.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Gonna have to try that! I am tired of sewing, and tired of 15 $ toys that last 15 minutes! (a dollar a minute is just sooooooooooo wrong!)

Remember when I thought you guys were raising destructo-monsters? Orson didn't get so rough on his toys until he was about 10-11 months old! NOW fergettaboutit!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
The good news is that Java shreds her toys, and not the furniture! Was worried that she'd assume her floor pillow was a giant stuffie when I first bought it, but so far she has shown no interest in ripping it to shreds.

Am going to try the fleece/denim braid idea - good use for old jeans - thanx!

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Those fleece things you are describing sounds like the Donkey Tails from RVB Creations.

I have only found these at our training facility and not in any store. These last for many months for us. Not indestructable, but worthy of a doberman try. Plus they are relatively cheap for the time we get out of them.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thats exactly what mine turn out like. Its even better if you go to the remenant section and get scrap pieces for under a dollar.

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Petey has started to pull the stuffing out of his animals too.....I thought he wasn't going to be one of "those dogs" Ha ha ha....seems with these Dobies, they all end up pretty much with the same behaviors!

Carol

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
But look at is this way 15 minutes of bliss is like...105 to him.. I think I figured it out right. All you math wizards help me out here..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts