Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I take Lady to Petsmart she gets a new toy, but they usually don't last much longer than a day. So this past trip I spent about an hour searching for something that was like a stuffy and that squeaked, but would be a little herder to "kill". I think I finally found it! It's a doxi bungee toy, so the only part that has actuall stuffing is in the head and butt. The body is just the fabric with the bungee cord inside. The head squeaks and the butt rattles lol. It's made by plush puppies, and Lady has officially broken her record for toy keeping lol, this thing has lasted a full week:dancing_b !!!!!! They should make a Doberman lol then Lady would really like it.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
duchess doesnt KILL stuffies...she slowly slobbers and naws on one section...like a corner until the fabric is soggy and begins to tear. lol. then we take it away. lol.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Please post a pic so i can get one for little Misch.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Yes, a pic would be great....a stuffed toy has never made it through an evening in my house....this would be a welcome change.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Oh the dreaded stuffies.....Rommels loves them so much. Please post a pic so that we can all go buy one!

Rommel has now eaten 2 dog beds thinking that they are big giant stuffies...Nothing with any kind of filling/stuffing lasts in my house...I think he just likes fabric!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I have one of those. Err. Had one of those. It was a frog. Cute little guy. The head got pulled off and chewed to pieces. It did lasted almost a week in my house before I had to start sewing it. I was really surprised. The head has now disappeared though. Someone hid it and forgot where they put it. I sewed the body closed and they love to shake it around. Whatever works.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think with just Lady it will survive for a while, since she has no one to help her pull it apart lol. Buddy is not interested, and Kaycee likes the cuz I bought better.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Java had an AKC stuffie - similar toy but a bunny. DH came home, saw Java with it in her mouth and thought she had caught a critter and brought it into the house! Didn't last a week.

Thanx for the update, though. Should give the Nobel Prize winners in science the task of making a Dobe-proof toy, because Java has even chewed off the first ring of her jumbo red Kong!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lol I always wanted to invent something, maybe I should start testng fabrics lol. I'd prolly end up a millionaire for inventing an indestrucatble stuffy!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I get those BIG MEAN KITTIES/DIRTY ROTTEN KITTIES at Petsmart. They are a canvas type material and they have a good squeaky in them. Rudi isn't a very destructive dog either........so I don't know how these would hold up with a heathen! LOL Rudi looks like a Doberman but, surely doesn't act like one!!!! I finally taught him how to bark.
He's my little pansy....and I love him!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Riagogogo said:
I get those BIG MEAN KITTIES/DIRTY ROTTEN KITTIES at Petsmart. They are a canvas type material and they have a good squeaky in them. Rudi isn't a very destructive dog either........so I don't know how these would hold up with a heathen! LOL Rudi looks like a Doberman but, surely doesn't act like one!!!! I finally taught him how to bark.
He's my little pansy....and I love him!!
We've bought these in the past...the material seems to hold up a little longer than your average stuffed toy but it still doesn't take Abby very long to de-stuff them!

Abby makes it a mission to destroy every toy we give her as quick as possible. If she could, she'd keep detailed statistics on the time and effort required to destroy each toy - whenever she gets a new one she would try and break her old record!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just bought one of those (a penguin, a really LOOOONG penguin), along with three other toys. So two were in the garbage within 20 minutes but the penguin is still alive (minus the nose and a hat)!

·
Registered
891 Posts
<sigh> been there, done that, have the pieces to prove it LOL if they can't destroy it they won't play with it. Grace loves the sounds of shedding plushies...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts