Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted about my 9 month old that has 1 ear that won't stand, while the other one is up, and just needs a breathe right. The left (one that won't stand) almost appears to have a ripple (lack of better word) where it wants to fold. I tried to capture it. There are a few pics of it and how the ear looks when it starts wanting to fall. **Disclaimer** I only let it do that for a milisecond so i could get a picture for you guys and it's back up in tape. I've also included a pic of it up so you can tell me if i need to add another piece at the bottom or if it looks OK (taped). The last is just a shot so ya'll can tell me if she looks good. You can see ribs when she moves. My biased opinion is that she looks like a healthy, happy 9 month old!:nicejob:

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Have you talked to your breeder yet? I am on phone, so cant see the pics very well. Cant see the ripple. Can you stretch it out when you pull the ear up to post? Looks like you are on the right track to me as the ears look good in the first two pics. Keep posting! Its not unusual for one ear to lag behind the other. Actually, its quite common. Sometimes it takes till the pup is over a year for the ears to stand. We have one member who posted till her boy was two, but that is extreme. Good luck and keep posting!

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Keep posting that ear,he has a *pocket* make sure you are stretching it out before you tape it. Lots of people have posted to a year and beyond.

As for his weight, your picture is hard to see. I think he looks good. Just watch for x-tra padding at this point when he is slowing down with the major growth spurts. 9 months old is when my Petey started getting fat. I thought he was still growing, he was...outward! My current 2 year old boy Monty is stick skinny...and I'm keeping him that way. He is in the best shape of all the dogs that he runs with. My fatty was too...because most people let their dogs get grossly overweight.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I have no input on the ears, as my dobe's are natural. BUT I wanted to say she is super cute! Her weight looks fine to me. :) Good luck with the ear!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So that's a pretty normal thing to have? and her post looks right?
Thanks for the compliments. She's from what would be considered a BYB but both parents are registered with show lines and tested. I got her ears done after i bought her b/c the breeder said a lot of her buyers wanted natural ears. While i agree buying from a reputable show breeder is probably best, i feel like for me, and my purpose of having a Dobie, i came out really well! Being an animal person and having worked at a vet clinic for several years, I at least knew enough not to by crap ;)....that,and hubby had a strict limit on the purchase price, lol!

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Sometimes, no comments is a good thing. If there was a problem with the post, one of the posters would have told you.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts