Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the retrieve is going well, I decided to branch off and teach him some useful skills. I can't wait to try this at the next BBQ XD

xdqs8b5K8ag

Right now we are working on empty bottles, in a simple box carton, in a quiet comfortable place. Eventually we will add in full bottles, place them in different areas, in different buckets, fridges, and heights. Then once he can retrieve confidently, we will move outside and gradually add distractions.

Not bad for just 10 minutes :)

EDIT: I know my spelling mistake on the title on YouTube, will fix later. Also, sorry for the mess, half way thru cleaning.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Go chase! Lookin handsome and helping mom.
I'd teach mabel...but she'd take it to her crate and drink it all lol or help herself to the rest of the fridge.:p
Can't wait to see him when he is all fine tuned :)

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Eva HADR Rescue Dobe, Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
4,519 Posts
I can see a Budweiser commercial in Chase's future! :nicejob:

Good Job!

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is going to be cute! You are braver than me. I use cans. I surely dont want Kyrah dropping a full bottle.
At the height he is carrying they don't break. I tried cans (pop) but he enjoys the material and just chomps on them, either crushing them or piercing them...and accidentally lapping up the foaming beer lol.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
At the height he is carrying they don't break. I tried cans (pop) but he enjoys the material and just chomps on them, either crushing them or piercing them...and accidentally lapping up the foaming beer lol.
How did I see that one coming ;) ata boy chase, every man deserves a drink now and again haha

Reactions: DogsR4Life

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Great video Mom...Chase is a working dobe now...he-he...what a sweet boy.

If you hold a DT BBQ this summer, I will be sure to bring a clicker and a pocket full of yummy treats.

·
Luv-The-Nub
1,058 Posts
cute :) but I like my Corona COLD..... cant wait to see the final product!

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update

So I decided to get a bit more creative with the retrieval. I will NOT be asking Chase to retrieve a glass bottle of beer from this height. This exercise is to improve on his confidence around objects and to desensitize him to wobbly ground, and moving things while retrieving something.

*please excuse his jiggly bits :rolleyesww: *

So, first attempt, needed a little help with the moving basket:

g01eIOoqNpk

Second attempt, much cleaner :)
JkG5CjUzyHY

·
One Lucky Mama!
892 Posts
Very cool! You are a great clicker trainer mom! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts