Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I Dont Understand Why no one with listen.

:computer: Hi Everyone
Why does over half of doberman lovers dont know the White Doberman can be registered with AKC. I know this because both of mine are. An why is the Whites being put down so bad? I will amitt I dont know every thing about dobes but the Whites are not Albino's. There is a differents. If the Whites are of bad blood then why isn't the Fawns and Reds and Blues bad too. Not all breeds colors must be just one color. They are all fine animals. I have a pair of Black and Rust to and I see no differents in them then the Whites other then haveing to give them alot of baths to stay clean.
Now that I got that off my chest let me tell you what my Blackand Rust male (Slick) did today. I had a ladder up at the house today so he decided to climb on the roof to look around. The only problem is my husband had to carry him down. Slick weight is 110 pounds. This is the third time he has done this. Millie his mate let us know what Slick was up to. Also the male White (BlueMoon AKA Moon) was trying to climb the ladder to. Moon is only ten months and thinks he can do everything Slick does. Hiedi the White Female could care less what any of them do. She a mamas girl and likes to stay by me all the time. Plus she a little bosses to.
All I know is my babies are my heart no matter what color they are. My days start off great from all the kisses I get from them each morning. An I sleep like a log at night knowing they are watching over me.
Thanks for listen to me and everyone God Bless.
Patricia Diane Sellers

·
Registered
421 Posts
We know they can be registered. A purple one could be regestered. They are not to breed standered. Therefore the people that love and care about the breed despise the people that continue to breed them. Did you not read the links I posted? They are considered albino no matter what any byb told you. I am sorry you got sucked into it. I'm sure you have great dogs but don't push for their breeding.

The white is a bad mutation. I don't know how I cna make it simpler. It doesn't have to have red eyes to be an albino. the other colors occured naturally as dilutents. If you ask anyone that knows anything about dobes this is what they will tell you.

Don't take this as me saying your dogs are bad. I'm sure they are great. But it is sick that people breed for a bad thing.
. http://www.dpca.org/albinoinfo1.html

here are the links in case you missed them
http://www.geocities.com/~amazondoc/albinism/
http://www.dpca-breedered.com/albinohistory.htm
http://bakaridobes.westhost.com/pub.../PECAlbino.html
http://myweb.cableone.net/kegowland/ALBINO.HTM
http://www.geocities.com/~amazondoc/albinism/

·
Banned
375 Posts
Patricia... these ppl will constantly tell you that whites are bad... but they can never explain to you with harvard stanfor or any facts from any colleges...or any research institutes. the think the sun rises and sets in the DPCA... well guess wat patricia the fact of the matter is AKC is trying to get the white implamented as a color this way we can show them just like every other color can be shown... dont take it personal Patricia if you do it will not be a good day for you hun.... just love your white know that you are doing right and good and then nothing else matters...

Im going to tell you that i have had a number of judges that judge AKC in BC tell me my white is gorgeous and that they would love to judge him if it was possible.... hugs

·
Registered
273 Posts
Sorry, but the AKC is just a registry - like the Deparment of Motor Vehicles. They don't control the breed standard and never will, just like the DMV doesn't tell Ford what kind of cars to make.

The DPCA controls the breed standard and albino, whites, whatever you call them, will never be an accepted color.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
whiteandblue said:
Patricia... these ppl will constantly tell you that whites are bad... but they can never explain to you with harvard stanfor or any facts from any colleges...or any research institutes.
as opposed to you - who has provided... oh yeah, NO proof.

plain and simple elizabeth - IF YOU HAVE THIS PROOF, SHOW IT. we provided you with scientific links and citations.
you can try and twist it all you like - this is the FOURTH board/forum you have made this claim on, and this will be the FOURTH board you have not been able to back it up.

less talking, more proof.

·
Banned
375 Posts
doberkim said:
as opposed to you - who has provided... oh yeah, NO proof.

plain and simple elizabeth - IF YOU HAVE THIS PROOF, SHOW IT. we provided you with scientific links and citations.
you can try and twist it all you like - this is the FOURTH board/forum you have made this claim on, and this will be the FOURTH board you have not been able to back it up.

less talking, more proof.
Doberkim you always attack me... od you not have a life or am i mistaken as to that you are a child in here talking and arent back in school hun... im not sure but you find more time to attack me and talk crap then anyone ive ever seen... LOL... i think that well ill take that extra step now :D

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
elizabeth, sweetheart - remember, i dont hide who i am. my age is known, my career choice and educational level have already been explained to you (rather than the lies and such you have told the rest of us - case in point, dont lie about med school to a dr that worked at the med schools or a med student!).

if i "always attack you", then you would have to admit that you have been on the other boards. can't have it both ways -- again, the lies are catching up. if you would simply tell the truth, this would be a moot point.

·
Banned
375 Posts
doberkim said:
elizabeth, sweetheart - remember, i dont hide who i am. my age is known, my career choice and educational level have already been explained to you (rather than the lies and such you have told the rest of us - case in point, dont lie about med school to a dr that worked at the med schools or a med student!).

if i "always attack you", then you would have to admit that you have been on the other boards. can't have it both ways -- again, the lies are catching up. if you would simply tell the truth, this would be a moot point.
as has mine... and i did... i never said i didnt talk to you on global paw. LOL.... but it wasnt my name... my sis was doing that... she wanted info and started a whole bunch of **** that i am trying to clear up with research..... because i dont like ppl who lie... and hun... we need to stop trying to put each other down and talk like adults and accusing ppl of crap... we are supposedly all adults... and i am in med school... and i love it but it isnt easy... i start again this fall.... and you do always attack me because i think white dobes are great but that is my opinion... it doesnt make me wrong... nor does it make your worng KIm....

·
Registered
266 Posts
what med school do you go to? I just took the MCATs yesterday and hope to start med school in a year or two.

I searched the listings at UW med school -- there is nobody with the last name Waters enrolled.

39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok now. We are surpose to be talking about our babies not attacking someone about school or what ever. Something has got to give.
As of the White Doberman they are here and to stay. Get over it. You know there are albino's in ever liveing creature , Even the human. I guess we better put them all down. Get real and live with what is in front of your eyes. All and I mean All Dobermans are great.
Elle stop causeing trouble with Elizabeth. She has her right to say what she wants just like you. Now grow up.
Patricia Diane Sellers

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
grow up? what has ANYONE done to elle?

and where has ANYONE suggested euthanizing albinos? it seems like its just another attempt to misconstrue what people write. no one said euthanize them - in fact, I specifically said enjoy the ones you have, love them. micdobe has shared similar sentiments.

if we want to grow up, perhaps we should respond to what is written, instead of what we want to see.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Patricia Dine Sellers said:
Ok now. We are surpose to be talking about our babies not attacking someone about school or what ever. Something has got to give.
As of the White Doberman they are here and to stay. Get over it. You know there are albino's in ever liveing creature , Even the human. I guess we better put them all down. Get real and live with what is in front of your eyes. All and I mean All Dobermans are great.
Elle stop causeing trouble with Elizabeth. She has her right to say what she wants just like you. Now grow up.
Patricia Diane Sellers
Not one person has said that albinos should be put down. It is a genetic flaw that should not be perpetuated and whiteandblue plans on doing. It isn't the dogs fault. It is the humans. And to perpetuated a serious flaw as this is irresponsible. These poor dogs suffer. Doesn't that mean anything to you? You think people should just keep purposely breeding them because you like them? Talk about needing to grow up.

·
Registered
421 Posts
So since its a flaw why do you breed or support the breeders that produce them? Thats like being pregnent and hoping for downs syndrome. I don't understand the logic behind it. Other than I want a white dog.

And the AKC will never accept white. If they did they would be no better than the ckc or any of the mutt registeries.

·
Banned
216 Posts
Well,

I do own a white female Doberman and she is a great dog. Would I own her if she was mean, unhealthy, sunburned when outside, ran into things or had any of the other aliments that sooo many white Dobermans are suppose to have? NO. I wouldnt I dont care HOW pretty or "rare" she is...I wouldnt own a unhealthy dog and as far as Im concerned NO other mental SANE person would either. You would fork out more in medical expenses then you would every "make" from selling the dogs. And BTW I know people with altered whites so they arent making ANY money off of them.

Ive said it again and again and again, the test that were done 30 years ago on the two "albino" dogs that they got from the Padula's just can NOT hold any water to the dogs we have now. Those dogs weren't socialized, they weren't kept in proper conditions and the resulting 12 BLACK AND TAN puppies really could not give them ANY information on the "white" doberman. They obviously didnt breed to white factored studs. I've never seen a picture of Shebah or any of the earlier white (or white factored) dogs, but I can and do believe the overall quality of the dogs has got to have improved.

In my opinion there needs to be more indepth studies did to disprove or prove one side of this arguement wrong. AND when the studies are done both sides need to be informed of the results. Once the results say one way or the other THEN the DPCA can make a decision on what should be done.

There are several breeds that have the merle gene in the standard and it is widely known this gene can and does result in birth defects from blindness, deafness, etc. but these breed clubs KNOW the risks yet they can breed these colors and still maintain show quality dogs. Single and double dapple Dachshunds, merles in Aussies, Collies, Shetlands, Chihuahuas, etc. I dont understand why the DPCA hasnt thought about this instead of totally banishing this color.

So Im getting off my soapbox now. This isnt anything Ive not said before.

Kia

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
joce, i think there is a mix up in the terminology. the AKC *does* accept white, because the dogs are purebred. the AKC does not care if the dog meets standard, doesn't care what it LOOKS like, only that its parentage indicates its a doberman. the AKC will register anything as long as it has papers - it's why being AKC registered does not indicate ANY sort of quality - i know many AKC dogs that are horrible examples of the breed. the AKC is a registry only, has no control over the standard of the breed, only has judges enforcing the standard as the DPCA sets forth.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I get what it all means even if I'm not seeming to get it across right! :) I guess I mean they will never be in conformation.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts

I do have to interject at this point..... To the best of my knowledge, unless I missed a post, no one has "put down" whites. More than once I have read (and also posted to the same) that we love all dobes, they did not ask to be created to what they are, they just are. What the issue is is that many of us do not agree that they should be breed as an OVERWHELMING number of whites suffer with health problems. Yes, many other dobes and dogs suffer heath problems also, however the chances of the whites being afflicted are greater and that is a proven statistic. Many are healthy I'm sure, just to be fair. But the chances of a black, or red, or etc being afflicted with the eye issues, skin and cancer issues and temperment issues are lower.

There is a debate going on about studies to be presented that seems to go beyond this board, I think that if someone or anyone has these studies the best thing to do would be to present them and end the debate. Or drop it all around, either way it will make all the dobe owners here for their dogs more comfortable.

I do believe there is just a little trolling going on here and I think the best thing to do is to drop this whole issue, if everyone is here just for the pure fact of loving their dobes, life will go on happily, if there are those that aren't here just for the dogs they will eventually move on as they are motivated by creating drama and argueing.

I feel the need to say if you all think I'm a horse's behind, sorry, just my thoughts on this.....

39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I agree lets stop this bad talk. I believe in the whites just as much as I do the Black and Rust. Everyone do there own thing.
All I know is I haven't had any problems with my whites dobes and there healthy as can be. I know the more they stay in the sun they get a creamy color. Now in the winter they get back white. They have never sun burn cause they are smart enought to get out of it.
Thats all I have to say. BYE

1 - 20 of 22 Posts