Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hera has been displaying pre-cycle behavior for about a week, loss of appetite, very clingy, and crazy energy as evident of the pictures. Hera loves her bed, but this weekend the crazies took over. I was able to salvage her memory foam bed and when this is all over she can have it back. Sometimes she looks at me as if to say, "What's happening to me?" We are giving her lots and lots of love.

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Eva HADR Rescue Dobe, Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
4,523 Posts
Hence the moniker: "Criminal Genius Hera" ! :D
Check out this post about the bed we now use for Spock. With his previous (many) stuffed beds and blankets, he would not chew them in the crate, but yank them out and destroy in the middle of the floor. With the Kuranda/ RA Bite Suit bed, he can't pull it out of crate, and it's lasted over 2-months so far! (Certified Dragon Free!) :lol2:

http://www.dobermantalk.com/doberma...bed-can-handle-dober-shark-2.html#post1107402

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
once Sparky chewed a whole couch...then wanted a bowl of water after...

the good thing --not sure how old your pup is...they outgrow this behavior...in fact the older my dog gets the smaller the chew toy/rawhides I have to buy -he thinks the large ones are too much trouble and won't chew them...watch out for your fav clothes and shoes
Sparky chewed some of my clothes and shoes also...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
once Sparky chewed a whole couch...then wanted a bowl of water after...

the good thing --not sure how old your pup is...they outgrow this behavior...in fact the older my dog gets the smaller the chew toy/rawhides I have to buy -he thinks the large ones are too much trouble and won't chew them...watch out for your fav clothes and shoes
Sparky chewed some of my clothes and shoes also...
Ruthie, she just turned 6 months last week. She doesn't normally chew up stuff she's not supposed to. I feel bad for her because she must be feeling all those hormones raging.

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
Ruthie, she just turned 6 months last week. She doesn't normally chew up stuff she's not supposed to. I feel bad for her because she must be feeling all those hormones raging.
could be hormones but Sparky chewed well into his first year
even chewed a plant potter thingy

·
Registered
416 Posts
Poor girl, but I can relate. Duke only get towels now to lay on. So whenever he's allowed on the sofa or bed, he takes full advantage and goes right to sleep.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Poor girl, but I can relate. Duke only get towels now to lay on. So whenever he's allowed on the sofa or bed, he takes full advantage and goes right to sleep.
Hera is very good with zippers. I noticed this skill early on and so she was very sneaky on this one. She's back to just sleeping on a wubbie bed and just like your pup jumps on the couch every chance she gets. Especially after a long hard days work at daycare. She pees, eats, drinks and collapses on the couch.

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
possibly but when Sparky chewed the couch he has been neutered
luckily it was a couch in a spare room we were getting rid of anyway...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I love to read all these things about our dobes. They all seem to do the same things, and they do things in stages. They just change and keep changing. Just when you think you have them figured out, here they go, something new. I am convinced that Jinka does things deliberately just to see what I'll do.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts