Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Completed my first dog run on Friday, took me almost 20 hours! :lol2: But I did it all by myself, not bad for a girl huh? :D It's not perfect, but it will do the trick.

It's on the opposite side of the golf course so Cash and Jasmine can no longer run the fence line after the golf carts.

It's gated at the far end and I still have to but a large gate across at the top. This way when it's raining out they will be able to be on the patio area. I am also going to put a dog door in the back door. Once the weather warms up a bit I think I'm going to stain it...I think.

Most of the material was recycled from the golf course. It had been sitting around for a couple of years. Enough to do the whole 8 ft section of wood fence, all the framing of the fencing material, and a couple of the 4x4 posts!

Anyways glad it's done, now to finish the patio area. I moved 15 patio stones today into place, about 20 more to go..ugh!

But at least now there will be no mud being tracked into the house, and I will be able to grow my grass again! The golf course opens on Monday so I finished just in time!!!

O.k. here are some pictures of the dog run and the dogs voicing their displeasure.

Just about finished the patio stones, will need to re level a few of them.

Gate down at the far end, and there will be another up at the top here.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's awesome. Come build us one haha
No thanks. :p

I'm sitting on the sofa with a heating pad on my back, a couple of pain killers, and deep heating rub on..lol!

Reactions: Sherryh

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
go on with your bad self! LOL How do the 3 amigos like it? Is it permanent or can you move it around or take it with you if you move?
LOL!

They are not really liking it, Cash especially hates it!

The posts are put in with spikes and everything is screwed in, not one nail! So yes I can take it with me if I moved, just not to sure I would ever do that.

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
That's some great work. Tomorrow you're building the pergola so the kids can stay dry when it rains, right? hahahah!

LOL!

They are not really liking it, Cash especially hates it!

The posts are put in with spikes and everything is screwed in, not one nail! So yes I can take it with me if I moved, just not to sure I would ever do that.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's some great work. Tomorrow you're building the pergola so the kids can stay dry when it rains, right? hahahah!
Na that's what the dog door will be for.

I am thinking of building them some type of shelter so they can get out of the sun. Maybe just putting up a tarp roof, not to sure yet.

·
Always Grateful
6,952 Posts
Wow - impressive job! However, don't get too used to the mud-free status of your floor because they will have the new area cleared of grass in no time. Have you thought of putting down heavy mulch when they run off the grass? It would help with the mud.

·
Registered
Jalyn Live in the Moment ‘Helo Agathon’ Harper x Godric DOB 3/4/2019
7,602 Posts
Wow, great job!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts