Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... Deacon went in to get neutered today and i have been a wreck ever since i dropped him off. The surgery itself doesn’t bother me but the being alone does. He has horrible crate anxiety and suffers really bad panic attacks where he throws himself at the door and screams. It is the saddest thing i have ever seen. I put him in a crate twice for about 30 sec each time and promised to never do it again. The vet he is at has put him in a run so that should help.i have already called about 7 times today. They say he is doing fine. I brought him his blankie and babies to sleep with tonight. This is the first night he has ever been away from me. I am sure i having a harder time then he is.
Does anyone else have this hard of a time dropping there dog off at the vet?
I have looked at Dobie pictures all day... haha

·
Registered
89 Posts
"Does anyone else have this hard of a time dropping there dog off at the vet?"

Yes, several times. I'm already dreading it with Karma as yesterday we made her appointment to be spayed the first week of October.

Niki only had to stay overnight once and she was so bad the vet had to give her a tranquilizer to chill her out. Said he'd never seen a Golden so aggressive. When I picked her up the next day she was _so_ happy to see me... until we got in the truck. Then she essentially shunned me. Wouldn't look at me, wouldn't respond to me, just stared out the window. She made it abundantly clear who was in the "dog house". When we got home, she went straight to her bed and stayed there until the next morning, when she was back to her old self.

Just think how happy you both will be when Deacon comes home and focus on that rather than being separated now. This time next week, all will be back to normal.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Poor Deacon's Mom...yes, yes, yes, for every pet, every time. For what it's worth, he's probably had a little doggie valium that took away his anxiety so he's not suffering. Can you go sit with him for awhile if it would make you feel better? On another note, looking at dobie pics is making you a wreck! Best to find something else to occupy your mind if possible--it makes the time go by faster. You're not a big baby, you're a MOM. It's only normal.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
C'mon DM tough it it out, you will have him back this time tomorrow,i will send you some of my British stiff upper lip(that is such a rubbish statement,i cry just as much over my dogs and the dogs of my friends and i am supposed to be a big tough English man)
Here are some pics to cheer you up!!

The last one was Amber when she was the size of a flea!!!
SMILE AND THINK ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU CAN SPOIL HIM IN THE MORNING
:largegr: :cheeseygr :largegr: :flower: :largegr:

·
4,376 Posts
morrmar said:
"Does anyone else have this hard of a time dropping there dog off at the vet?"

Yes, several times. I'm already dreading it with Karma as yesterday we made her appointment to be spayed the first week of October.

Niki only had to stay overnight once and she was so bad the vet had to give her a tranquilizer to chill her out. Said he'd never seen a Golden so aggressive. When I picked her up the next day she was _so_ happy to see me... until we got in the truck. Then she essentially shunned me. Wouldn't look at me, wouldn't respond to me, just stared out the window. She made it abundantly clear who was in the "dog house". When we got home, she went straight to her bed and stayed there until the next morning, when she was back to her old self.

Just think how happy you both will be when Deacon comes home and focus on that rather than being separated now. This time next week, all will be back to normal.
Oh i have been there too,my first dobe Juno could make me feel guilty with a look!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank everyone so much! Brumwolf those pictures are great, thanks! The nurse was so sweet, she asked if i wanted to walk him back... i kissed him on the head and told him to be a good boy... i was a crying wreck before i could even tell her no.

I would love to go sit with him but i dont think he would understand me leaving him again.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Oh I felt the same way when I had to drop Rommel off for his re-crop. He had never been gone overnight before, and I couldnt get to the vet fast enough the next day. You can ask everyone on here....I was on here posting just like you are....I felt so bad, and I missed him so much. Its perfectly normal! :D

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I am the same way with all my dogs. I hate to leave them, and they hate to watch me leave. I pace and the am sure the vets office gets tired of hearing me calling. Years ago I had a standard poodle that was being treated for severe hookworms. He was infested with them when I took him in. He stayed for a week in the vets office with treatment. He hated every step of the way, but the office was great. I was there daily to walk him and spend time with him. I just hated to have to leave him there again.

·
Registered
100 Posts
He is your baby... Totally understandable that your worried about him... (Hugs) You will soon have him back.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Yup - I was a wreck when I dropped Chi off! Thankfully I got her back that afternoon, I don't know how I would have lasted all night! You should see me when we travel and the dogs are in the belly of the plane! Mark hates flying with me when we have the pets, I'm a wreck the whole time!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, i just got off the phone with the vet. They said he did great through the night. I am so excited to get him today! I slept horrible last night!! I was so hot because i didnt have anyone stealing the covers, I couldnt get comfortable because i didnt have any paws poking me in the back. I am just so happy in a couple of hours he will be home!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I am like this about my one cat Cubby. When I took him to the vet to get de-balled, I called every hour on the hour. After I called about 6 times they would just answer the phone and say he is fine then hang up. Lol. Cubby also has bad panic attacks. He also has a heart problem. So I was freaked out all day long. I called into work because I couldn't sleep, I refused to eat at all. I just couldn't do anything knowing he was probably freaked out since I wasn't there with him. I couldn't stay there and hold his little paw and tell him he was going to be okay.

I got up extra early the next morning. I called the vet and asked if I could come get my cat. They said I had to wait another hour. So I figured I will just drive up to the vets office and wait that hour. I got there about 10 minutes later. After seeing me pacing back and forth for about 20 minutes they called me in to a room and told me to take him home. I have never acted that way before in my entire life. But this cat means so much to me. They explained that Cubby was so much easier to deal with than I was. :D

So I am a little over protective of my kitty.

·
4,376 Posts
Gracie's_Mom said:
I am like this about my one cat Cubby. When I took him to the vet to get de-balled
I have never heard a cat castration described so vivid as that GM. :largegr:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts